I have me a dilemma here, folks.

TL;DR - ValveKing 100 watt tube stack or the JCA50H?

I'm upgrading amps, and I've several options before me.

My current rig's backbone is built upon the Jet City JCA20H Head, marvelous as she is, she isn't big enough and lacks separate channels. I'm in need of something that can give me more oomph and separate channels are a must.

I was looking at the ValveKing tube stack, the 100 watt one. It's only 800 bucks all together with the 4 speaker cab, has 2 channels, and eq for both. Damn good deal, and the ValveKing has a good reputation as well.

The down side is, a 4 speaker cab is annoying as fock to move around, and 100 watts is A LOT, especially considering it's tube.

Then there's the slightly cheaper option of merely upgrading to the JCA50H, whenever it comes out in America, which is hopefully soon. It has separate channels, but only 1 eq, which isn't a huge downside, but a downside none-the-less.

So have at it, I'm open for other suggestions as well. I'm not going over 1000 bucks here, but I'd like to keep it around 800 or less.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Well, what kind of music do you play?
EDIT: nevermind, just read your tagline...I'd go with the other Jet City. The VK's a good amp, but I don't know how well it'd do blues...
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Last edited by kaosxrocker at Jun 30, 2010,
The Jet City will sound waaaay better right off the bat. The Valveking needs alot of modding to sound its best.

Also, the Valveking speakers are terrible.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Crap I was going to suggest the Peavey Windsor head, but you need separate channels.

Well, I don't know much about the Jet City, but the Valveking's not going to do blues too well, it's more of a rock/hard rock amp.
I'm FAT!
Well I actually do both blues and punk, plus some metal, hardcore, alternative and jazz.

To put things more frank I play blues/jazz/punk for myself, but punk for my band.

So as it stands from your responses, the Jet City will sound better than the VK?

I've tried the VK combo before, and liked it, but not nearly as much as the Jet City, which is why I picked it. I know the JCA50H is as loud as I'll ever need, but the only thing that keeps me from getting it for sure is the lack of separate eq.
That's a huge range. Maybe go modelling? Get yourself a Vetta/Flextone or if you've got the cash get an Axe-Fx + some power amp
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by AcousticMirror
there's a 100 dollar rebate on the jca100 right now.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- I won't have enough until next Friday

And hellboy, I'm not a fan of modellers
You don't really need separate EQs. Just EQ for what is more important to you, distortion or clean/crunch.

If you really don't like the sound of the other channel you could always get an EQ pedal down the road and stomp on it when you switch.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^ That's a goo. Point you have there, +1 cheeseburger to you.

Quote by AcousticMirror
sale goes till the 15th of july.

(Invalid img)

I might just go for it then, that's only 100 more bucks than the 50H would be, and allthe power I'll ever need. Still have to think it over though.

Thanks for the input guys, hopefully I have a NAD coming soon
Quote by denied
IMO the JCA is hands down the better amp. I am not a fan of the VK tone at all. Apparently heavy modding can make a difference, but why should you go through that?

Some people find it enjoyable. I can't imagine why.
Quote by denied
I mean, I can understand if you're after a project. But in terms of buying an amp that meet's you're requirements....seems like a no brainer to me.

Yeah, the only requirement it doesn't meet (it isn't really a requirement, but it would be nice to have) is the separate eq, but as someone already pointed out I could just get an eq pedal.