im guessing somebody else in the pit is dealing/has dealt with this.

i have to imagine that your parents having issues or your dad leaving when you're a kid is an incredibly horrible thing to deal with, and that its effects last even beyond your formative years.

but i'm 18, and my parents are just now starting to have significant marital issues. and holy hell, is it awkward. they don't talk to each other. they don't talk to me very much, unless its to bug me about stuff i dont care about. sometimes they use me as a tool to fight with each other, which is possibly the worst part. mostly they are just never in the same room, dont eat in the same room, sleep in the same room, nothing.

i don't mean to complain, because its not like i'm a kid, this kind of thing doesn't concern me all that much, i have my own life. all it does is annoy me, a lot. its basically living with two people who act like they are 14 and can't just deal with their shit and be done with it.

any similar stories?
I'm glad my parents divorced before I was old enough to know, because from what I've heard, I'd have killed them both if I had to live with them together.
Yeah my parents divorced when I was 2 or 3 so I have no memories of them fighting. I dunno what I would do if I heard that shit growing up
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I'm glad my parents divorced before I was old enough to know
This.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Them splitting up will be the best thing that could happen to you by the sounds of your current situation. I was 10 when my parents did, and it was basically the same, but it's better them being apart. When they're apart, it's peaceful rather than them fighting, and when it all boils down to it, they're still your parents and they will still love you.
Quote by fretsonfire74
Them splitting up will be the best thing that could happen to you by the sounds of your current situation. I was 10 when my parents did, and it was basically the same, but it's better them being apart. When they're apart, it's peaceful rather than them fighting, and when it all boils down to it, they're still your parents and they will still love you.

This, too.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Yeah my parents divorced just after I turned 19. I know exactly how you feel about being caught in the middle of it. I still am.
PM me for newts
My parents were never married or even dating.

I WAS TEH DRUNK MISTAKE!

be happy you weren't made on accident

Also..
TWO CHRISTMAS' YEAH! 2X the gifts! Meh figured I'd say it too.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
My parents were never married or even dating.

I WAS TEH DRUNK MISTAKE!

be happy you weren't made on accident

Also..
TWO CHRISTMAS' YEAH! 2X the gifts! Meh figured I'd say it too.

My mother's cousin's kid has 4 parents...
...his mom...
...his dad...
...his mom's girlfriend...
...his dad's boyfriend...
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
well, i dont necessarily think they are going to divorce. according to my brother, this same thing happened a really long time ago, and they managed to work it out.

but i can explain what it really is about this that annoys me.

if theres anything ive learned about the world since getting out of high school, its this ; people deal with the most ****ed up stuff imaginable on a daily basis. addiction, mental illness, ive really seen it all. however, people can overcome these things if they make a conscious effort to do so, and live a perfectly normal life.

the way that i apply it to this situation is basically, if ive known people (who are my age, by the way) that can deal with these things, the most horrible things a human can go through, why can't two grown adults sort out their petty little relationship issues?

It truly makes no sense.
Quote by DirtyMakik

o so thats why theyr getting divorced!
Quote by DirtyMakik
My mother's cousin's kid has 4 parents...
...his mom...
...his dad...

something's amiss here...
I can't say much, but do with this what you will: They cannot get a divorce if they are on fire.
kill all humans
My parents were divorced last year, because my dad abused me and my mother, so be happy that that's not the situation you're in at least. My mom now hates my dad and it is awkward during visits and when she discusses how fucked up he was and shit like that around me. It's never nice when your parents fight but when your a 13 year old it hurts. I cried myself to sleep for a week after that although my dad hasn't been abusive lately, so... yeah.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I can't say much, but do with this what you will: They cannot get a divorce if they are on fire.

On topic, my parents aren't technically divorced but they no longer live together, and they made this decision during my junior year of high school. Fortunately, it hasn't affected me significantly. They never had any fights or tension, I think they just mutually acknowledged that neither of them really felt anything for the other any longer. I live with my mother when I'm not at college, but my dad still takes me to dinner or movies fairly consistently or we go golfing or whatever. It's not really all that different.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Good luck, bro. Sounds like things can only get better, whether they sort their shit out or get divorced, at least they'll be happy.

I was 15 btw
My parents divorced when I was 16; I don't mind it, I liked having the house to myself and being "the man of the house" per say. My parents get along and are both supportive of what I do.

I remember UG was the first place I came when it really started to become a problem and it has turned out better than I could ever expect today... keep your chin up.