Ok here i go again with another recording problem as i just cannot seem to learn this stuff very well lol

If you check out my recordings HERE you can here my problem, but to sum it up: I use a mic from guitar hero to record my amp for the 2 guitars and then use the same mic to record the playback from Guitar Pro for the drum and bass tracks but i just cannot get the sound levels of all 4 tracks to match as when i increase or decrease the volume of any of the tracks said tracks sounds dirty or becomes far to bassy or just drowns out the other tracks. Btw i use Repear to record.

Is there a better way to record the tracks using the equipment i have or am i just not setting the sound levels properly or what?????

Btw the 2 recordings i have on here are the best i could get when mixing the tracks together and as such sounds pretty bad.
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
1st off dont record the guitar pro drums/bass with a mic, there's an export option for WAV you can use which will work a lot better (this is assuming you have a decent sound card). That should improve the clarity of your recordings. As for setting the levels... record the guitar parts low so the level is between -10 and 0 (don't reocrd so the level goes into the "red" zone). You can check this on the invidvidual track volume level monitor thing (it's on the track). So, start with them low, and Normalize the recorded piece. I use shortcut N but it should be in a menu somewhere too This brings the piece up to a volume level where it doesn't become distorted and doesn't lose much clarity.

I'm new to all this myself but these are the things that pop to mind immediately. I use a rock band microphone for recording my guitar (and it doesn't sound terrible). I don't think there would be much difference between a guitar hero one and a RB one.
Also watch where you're placing the mic when recording, if you put it up too close to the amp you get a boost in the low frequencies. As well, have the mic off-center but pointing towards the centre of the amp so you don't get the air bursts from the movement of the speaker inside the amp.
cheers for the advice about the mic and track volume levels. when i export the bass and drum tracks from guitar pro it will only work using the mic as for some reason it wont just 'bounce' the track during playback and ive tried reinstalling it and altering my hardware settings
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance