im pretty sure threads like this are not allowed but I won't report cos im not sure. on topic.. are you a troll? it is all opinion. to me the "best" music is blues. to others it could be pop, or rap, or techno, or metal, or black purple death emo screamo grunge metal
it is all subjective.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Metal !!!!!! :p
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
All music is equalls beautiful, all noise is equally beautiful. Since when was anyone given the permission to attach different values to different sounds?

In the beginning there was no such thing as "rock" and "jazz" and "hardcore" there was just sound, music, noise. There was no such thing as categories, I think I liked it better that way
Last edited by jesse music at Jun 30, 2010,
Acoustichardjazzcore with a 3/16 salsa beat, 12 tone chord progressions, neopolitan sixths in the B section, polyrhythms of 124/32 over 3/16 with the sitars playing ragas in E# minor. This is the ONLY kind of music I listen to and the best kind. Though, it is hard to find music!

Also, way to go for a first thread, and first post. Id assume

a) Troll

or

b) multi-account of another well established UGer trying to ask a question he's to embarrased to ask under his usual alias

Or, you could be a genuine guy asking a legitimate question
Last edited by jesse music at Jun 30, 2010,
Quote by GuitarGuitar
I don't think so. Just saying.

I don't think anything. I don't know if it is or not.
I once took a local music critic to task for writing that so-and-so was the "best guitar player on the planet". He was always making statements like that.

When people ask, "who's the best...." or "What's the best..." they usually mean..."Who do you like?"
Then it's a valid statement. You can say who you like, he can say who he likes, and you can compare notes.
But "best"? That's just silly.
Quote by jesse music
Acoustichardjazzcore with a 3/16 salsa beat, 12 tone chord progressions, neopolitan sixths in the B section, polyrhythms of 124/32 over 3/16 with the sitars playing ragas in E# minor. This is the ONLY kind of music I listen to and the best kind. Though, it is hard to find music!

I think I will sig that!

Edit: It didn't fit
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Last edited by Msword7 at Jun 30, 2010,

I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by BeefWellington

This
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Oh dear Lord...
Yours sincerely,

bobwentpop, UG's favourite spontaneous combustion victim.
He or she only just joined today, so stop spamming.

There is no such thing as 'best', in music. It's subjective.
I'm going to try and give an actual opinion on this. I'm going to assume against all notions of judgement that this was a legitimate question. Here is my opinion:

All music is not equal. All music does however, have the potential for being equal. This means that every genre is hypothetically equal, but is not case by case equal. Certain genres do tend to produce music of higher quality more often than other genres. If I absolutely had to say which genres tend towards better music on average more often than others (based solely on technique - both instrumental and/or vocal - and solid and interesting composition) I would say certain subsections of Classical, Jazz, and Metal.

By the way, anybody feel like there are more new users recently than usual?
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Jun 30, 2010,
Quote by GuitarGuitar
I don't think so. Just saying.
Just saying
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
It's quite clear that the best music is when someone plays a C major chord progression and someone else solos in G Mixolydian then D Dorian. That is without doubt the best music ever produced.
Quote by Puppet_616
It's quite clear that the best music is when someone plays a C major chord progression and someone else solos in G Mixolydian then D Dorian. That is without doubt the best music ever produced.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
You want to see those who brought the very best music to this earth?

That's right, look on in awe of their awesomeness
I dunno guys, I think it's Bull Of Heaven. Their 2 month long song is just killer!
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?