Anyone remember the noise your modem made when connecting in the days of 56k/33k? I've been trying to figure out how to mimic that with pinch/natural harmonics. I already know the frequencies used in the dial tone and all of the number pad, my main problem is trying to make sense out of the frequencies during the handshake portion.

I know it's an incredibly odd request and also that the handshake noise differs with ISPs and such, but any help would be appreciated.
I have one question.

Why would you need to be able to do this? why not just use a sample of the tone, that you could easily obtain on the net?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
I have one question.

Why would you need to be able to do this? why not just use a sample of the tone, that you could easily obtain on the net?

It's just like learning to play the mario tune on guitar.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Yes, I have toyed with that idea many, many times. However, I just think it'd be pretty neat and also very unique to actually be able to accurately mimic the noise itself. Though, it would most likely require a lot of compression and pitch shifting effect.
This is a good idea.
I havn't changed this thing in a year.

I LOVE GIANT YELLOW TEXT!
Quote by wowsux
This is a good idea.

Lol, I thought so, too. I guess if someone else were to figure it out I'd have to just let go of not being original anymore.
That sound scares the shit out of me.

Slow internet *shiver*
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
i still have dial up at home. can't get cable internet where i live and we are too poor for Satelitte internet. I am the only one that uses it when I'm home (live in a dorm 9 months a year) so I cope.
Update! Okay, so anyone who thought it was a good idea or something worth trying...forget it. I did a spectrum analysis and it became very obvious why it's nearly impossible to distinguish any particular notes. Once the handshake begins the spectrum drops off into pretty much every frequency below A6 simultaneously...so quite frankly, it would be near implausible to try and emulate what is basically white noise with a guitar.