Ok so I go to local guitar center and see the VHT pitbull. Its was 100w, the guy said it was the "classic". Since its discontinued I cant find any info about it. Hoping you guys can help. How much did these things go for new? It sounded rediculous.

Can anyone provide any details about this head????

I am trying to trade my 6505+ for it

I told the guy straight up, they sell 6505 for 1079 new, the VHT was like 1140 Used.

I dont expect an even swap, but i dont want to spend alot of money. I know these guitar center noobs can get stuff for 5% over cost, so Im gonna try to swindle him.

What do you all think??? Id be stupid not to right??

Im going there this weekend, in hopes its still there. Going to bring my head, my guitar and compare the 2 and see what he will give me for the peavey.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
This could be an interesting thread. Sure to draw out all the Peavey fanbois.

I do it in a heartbeat.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Same as Cathbard.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
yeah, do it. I'm not sure if I've tried that exact model, but the vhts i have tried were a step above the 5150/6505. The 5150/6505 is good, the vht is very good (if not great).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea, it sounded amazing. Just straight through the VHT cab. sounded better than my 6505 with all my rack gear into my cab..

It was at room level, when I go back im going to run it at 4 or 5, and do the same with the peavey and see whats up..

But does anyone know any specs on the VHT???

What tubes?? what options???
i'm guessing you've already tried the fryette website? is there a vht/fryette specific forum? (there's bound to be, but i could be wrong) they'd probably know better than us...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yes I searched, and its unfortunate I couldnt find anything specific. And I cant register to make a post because the administrator is a nerd.

He says no gmail, hotmail, yahoo, or any free email is allowed due to spam.

Please use the email given by your ISP, well im sorry but what the **** is my ISP you ****ing jackass...
Quote by maddnotez
Yes I searched, and its unfortunate I couldnt find anything specific. And I cant register to make a post because the administrator is a nerd.

He says no gmail, hotmail, yahoo, or any free email is allowed due to spam.

Please use the email given by your ISP, well im sorry but what the **** is my ISP you ****ing jackass...

Internet Service Provider... I hate sites like that try jetable.org
yeah that's messed up
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
bump....

Anyone got specs on this head????

differences between cl, clx, ul???
it's the 100 cl
powered by 4 el34s
4 stage gain.
the cl is the least gain out of the pittbull series but it's still got quite a lot.
i'd take it over the 6505 in a second.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
Totally do that

VHT has changed its name to fryette, and the amp he's referring to is this one
http://www.sfdamp.com/pittbull_cl.html
This!!

And I think it's an awesome swap if you're finding yourself trapped in "6505 world", where everything is fizzy at low volumes and everything is wouphy at high volumes.

The VHT also wupps ANY Peavey I've ever played in terms of clean tones. They're very straight and dry, but that makes your playing super-subtle and super-sensitive.

I think it has a better range of gain, too.
i'm a firm believer in fryette.

are you in missouri?

you should trade it in now. because I'm going to buy it. you've been warned.
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Jun 30, 2010,
Quote by AcousticMirror
i'm a firm believer in fryette.

are you in missouri?

you should trade it in now. because I'm going to buy it. you've been warned.

lol wow, last time i come here for help....I plan on going there this weekend.

Also the head does not have an eq on it..just low mid high.
But I have a dbx215 so i dont think ill be missing out on much.

But one other thing, you say least gain. what iyo is the best vht/fryette?

But really i dont think id need more gain than the cl100
hey theres one in IL go buy that one..

what is the difference between g100cl and the 100clx????
I wouldn't make that trade. Play the VHT first.

I played the pitbull cl100 and it didn't rape the 6505. I liked my bugera more.

Make sure you want it before you trade, play it alot.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Low mid high is all the EQ most guitarists ever use (or have).
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ hey, it's more br00tl with a graphic eq. in fact, I don't think you can get br00tzls without a graphic eq. and a b00st, of course.

Quote by Gundamnitpete
I wouldn't make that trade. Play the VHT first.

I played the pitbull cl100 and it didn't rape the 6505. I liked my bugera more.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm a Mesa guy, But I love VHT's stuff.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
I used to love VHTs but for the music I play they aren't my sound. It really depends on your musical taste so you really need to play one.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by maddnotez
lol wow, last time i come here for help....I plan on going there this weekend.

Also the head does not have an eq on it..just low mid high.
But I have a dbx215 so i dont think ill be missing out on much.

But one other thing, you say least gain. what iyo is the best vht/fryette?

But really i dont think id need more gain than the cl100
What do you mean, "best Fryette/VHT"?

Obviously most people - probably including Mr. Fryette himself - will say that the Ultra Lead or the Pitbull Classic Deluxe are the best since they're the most expensive. But seeing as I haven't played them and have only played the Deliverance, the Sig:X and the discontinued VHT Pitbull 50 combo, I'd say that the Sig:X is the best value for money. But only if you're actually interested in that many channels and tweak-able parameters.

It has the better clean tone, more ripping lead tone and is incredibly versatile; one of the most versatile I've ever played, period.
Well i did play it, and was blown away. Im going to bring my peavey in and really compare the two.

I like eq. I have a 215 wich I love, and wouldnt go without. Just didnt know how much of a difference the VHT 5 band would make, since I have a 215.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
What do you mean, "best Fryette/VHT"?

Obviously most people - probably including Mr. Fryette himself - will say that the Ultra Lead or the Pitbull Classic Deluxe are the best since they're the most expensive. But seeing as I haven't played them and have only played the Deliverance, the Sig:X and the discontinued VHT Pitbull 50 combo, I'd say that the Sig:X is the best value for money. But only if you're actually interested in that many channels and tweak-able parameters.

It has the better clean tone, more ripping lead tone and is incredibly versatile; one of the most versatile I've ever played, period.

I dont really need versitile. I play death metal Primarily. Just want brutal tone. I do like a nice clean tone however. But Im only considering this trade. Not sure if im ready to drop 3k on a head. If I did id get an ENGL Savage 120.

Just was curious about what people thought about the differences, Kind of off topic but thanks for the info on clean tone.
Quote by Cathbard
This could be an interesting thread. Sure to draw out all the Peavey fanbois.

I do it in a heartbeat.

I Peavey.

But I'd definitely take the Pitbull over a Peavey anyday.
Quote by maddnotez
I dont really need versitile. I play death metal Primarily. Just want brutal tone. I do like a nice clean tone however. But Im only considering this trade. Not sure if im ready to drop 3k on a head. If I did id get an ENGL Savage 120.

Just was curious about what people thought about the differences, Kind of off topic but thanks for the info on clean tone.
Fair enough.

Frankly, the Pitbull isn't the most ideal Death Metal amp. It's too sensitive and "dry". But that's just my opinion. If you loved it, sorted!
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Fair enough.

Frankly, the Pitbull isn't the most ideal Death Metal amp. It's too sensitive and "dry". But that's just my opinion. If you loved it, sorted!

funny, that's how i feel about the vhts i've heard, not that they're bad, but they have a very specific sound
Quote by maddnotez
hey theres one in IL go buy that one..

what is the difference between g100cl and the 100clx????

i'm just kidddingz.

The cl has the least gain out of all the vhts, is voiced a little bit less modern.
the clx is a all handbuilt version of the cl. Both the cl and the clx run el34s.

The ultralead has more gain but other then that it's a cl with kt88s and a more modern drier/tighter voicing.

The sig/x and the deliverance are two approaches to the same idea.

The sig/x is a give the user every damn option possible
the deliverance is the simpliest path from guitar to speaker

the deliverance is loud.
I didn't realize the Classic was the same as the CL... hmm.

In that case, definitely do it, the 50 and 100/CLs I've played were probably my favorite VHTs besides the Sig:X, plenty of gain for anything you could possibly need it for
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
what happened to there pitbull on there webpage? did they discontinue it?
its all the standard series
Yea Fryette is a weak name too...I like VHT Im going to mess with it some more this weekend. Im guess they going to try and rob me, like offer 700 for my peavey.

Id be willing to give my crate stealth as well