I've been asking noobish questions lately but it's because after 10 years of playing I just recently got involved in changing and resoldering pickups and such. But anyway I need too much stuff for my rg so I want to take the pickups and put both in my Epiphone SG but the RG pups wiring has 3 wires (split coil or something) whereas the SG pickups have 2. So I'm wondering where to solder the 3rd wire and if there are any diagrams for this sort of swap online anywhere. Thank you
I cant really help you with the wiring (never wired coil-tapped humbuckers into a regular circuit), but personally i wouldnt do this. The INFs wont be a step up in quality from the pups that are already in your SG, and definitely wouldnt be worth the hassle involved...
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
I see where you're coming from but I like the sound a little bit better from the infs than the stock sg's and half the reason I want to is to just have the experience of doing it.
The white wire is the hot wire, the red wire is the coil tap, insulate it, and tape it off, do not ground it or you will coil tap your pickup. The bare wire is then the ground. So, to put it into an SG you would wire the bare to the back of the volume pot, and the white wire to the prong that the old pickup went to.

This is all best guess, because i've never dealt with a three-wire coil tap, most of them are four wire, but i think (from looking at the Ibanez wiring diagrams) that it works the same way.
Basically what you told me is what I did only instead of insulating the red wire I insulated the white and grounded black like all other wiring and everything works and sounds pretty good. I appreciate the help, thanks.
Quote by spiritofjosh
Basically what you told me is what I did only instead of insulating the red wire I insulated the white and grounded black like all other wiring and everything works and sounds pretty good. I appreciate the help, thanks.

You may have wired in only half the pickup, try running it through the amp and touching the poles with something metal
I soldered the grounds first, then I played with the white wire on the pot then the red and the red was the only to work for both the neck pickup and bridge, but after playing with it I like the stock SG pickups better after all. But hey it was fun, didn't take that long and the practice doesn't hurt.