I'm thinking of getting a Schecter Omen 7 because I've seen a lot of good reviews on it but I'm just wondering if anyone else has any ideas/suggestions as to what i can get for this kind of price?
Ibanez RG7321, pickups leave a bit to be desired but other than that a pretty good axe.
that does look like a nice guitar :p
I've got a 6 string Ibanez about the same price and in my experience their stuff around that price range is pretty good
anyone got any experience with schecter?
Ibanez RG7321 great guitar. I have one Suprised how good it is for a low budget 7string. I would definately recommend this guitar. As swifty said the pickups can be a bit dull but I've been able to adjust my Boss-GT10 to accommodate with that. Buy a Ibanez RG7321 and replace the pickups if you have issues. You're buying a lot of guitar for the price, garanteed.
Gear;
Ibanez RG7321
ESP Guitars LTD F-100FM
Spider II 30w
Boss GT-10
Dunlop Wah-wah
Peavey 6505 112 Combo
Quote by jfreyvogel
Useless for non-Americans. I really wish people would pay more attention to where other users are from.

Anyhoo, I've given the Schecter a go. It wasn't pretty. Felt about on-par with an Epi LP Special-II and the pickups were utterly useless. Of course it's always hard (and expensive) to get passive pickups that mesh well with seven string guitars but regardless, the Omen 7 definitely needs a pickup change right out of the gate. Frankly by the time you've shelled out for some pickups that can do the low B string justice (a couple of premium DiMarzio or Seymour Duncans at the least), you're going to be paying an extra £120+. You might as well save up that extra money and buy an LTD MH-417 instead, far better construction, clearer stock pickups (EMG 81-7 and 707; yes they're active, which not everyone wants, but they and the seven string SD Blackouts really are the best pickups for coping with the usually muddy low B string), compensated nut, better hardware, everything's an upgrade.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Useless for non-Americans. I really wish people would pay more attention to where other users are from.

Rondo will ship to the UK. Anywhere in Western Europe actually. It may cost a bit extra but I don't know how much as they don't list that on the web site. They also ship to Canada and a few other places I believe.
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Jun 30, 2010,
Quote by jfreyvogel
Rondo will ship to the UK. Anywhere in Western Europe actually. It may cost a bit extra but I don't know how much as they don't list that on the web site. They also ship to Canada and a few other places I believe.

Once you ship to the UK the extra expense means you may as well take what you can get in this country though, import costs of various kinds completely suck the value out of the guitars.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by jfreyvogel
Replace "a bit" with " a couple of hundred pounds" and you're right on the money.

North Americans are very lucky, when you import stuff you don't get charged that much more. Canada and South America has slightly higher import duties but not much. Everywhere else in the world though? Depending on the item and the specific country you're in you might have to pay out as much as double what the thing original cost. With guitars to the UK you usually have to pay +24-35.5% of the original cost (varies slightly depending on weight), plus the added shipping cost of course.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I'd check out the Damien Elite series from Schecter. Should be in your price range, maybe a little higher. They're $550 in the states....
From what I've heard an Ibanez thats about £350 will be the same quality if not a bit better than ESP or Jacksons that are £100 more expensive :p
I know that my Ibanez RG series 6 string was about £300 and is a lot better quality than a Jackson that I've got thats about the same price
As for pickups, I'd rather get something less expensive like an Ibanez and then replace the pickups if I have to than get something at the top end of my budget that I find I don't like the sound of...