So my PC is dead. I tried getting everything off of it before it died, but I couldn't. I'm switching to a Mac (This thread isn't about that), so I have no way to get those files off of the computer by putting the HDD into the new computer. Is there a peripheral that I can put my harddrive into so i can plug it into the new computer? Like an external harddrive that let's me use my own HDD?
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
If the drive is Windows-formatted, you won't be able to drag-and-drop the files straight onto the Mac unless you have Windows running on the Mac (either as a dual boot or in a virtual machine).
You gotta plug it into another PC get the files and then copy to Mac. Macs and Pcs use different formatting.
I'm really just focused on mp3's and other media files. That's really all that matters to me at this time, I spent way to much time building up a music library to have to start over.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
It can definitely be done, and Macs can read Windows file formats. FAT can be read natively, and NTFS too with a little tinkering. What you want is a USB (or FireWire) hard disk enclosure. Make sure you get one with the right interface for your drive (SATA or IDE).

edit:

what you want:
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Last edited by jgbsmith at Jun 30, 2010,
Why not just get an external hard drive CASE, they cost about 10-20 bucks, you can build in your own harddrive and just use USB?
Quote by Antis0cial
Why not just get an external hard drive CASE, they cost about 10-20 bucks, you can build in your own harddrive and just use USB?

that's what mine was, except it was the absolute cheapest one I could find, and the case broke because I had several disks I was swapping in and out of it, so it's just the circuitry left
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
that's what mine was, except it was the absolute cheapest one I could find, and the case broke because I had several disks I was swapping in and out of it, so it's just the circuitry left

Yeah but seeing this isn't the smartest guy with computers, he'll be looking for that chip everywhere. instead of the whole thing haha
Quote by jgbsmith
It can definitely be done, and Macs can read Windows file formats. FAT can be read natively, and NTFS too with a little tinkering. What you want is a USB (or FireWire) hard disk enclosure. Make sure you get one with the right interface for your drive (SATA or IDE).

That's pretty cool stuff....

But TS, it would probably be a lot easier just to pop it into somebody else's compy as the slave drive, then put the music library on an iPod or similar.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)