Page 1 of 12
The challenge has begun, you may join in at any time during the course of the event.

Time Left

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes people, it is back by greatly little demand!

Can you cope with life working for a major label where they send you out on tour with an album that took you 4 years to write? And when you return, they say they are giving you 4 weeks to write and record an album before they send you out on the road again.

Enough of that..

The aim of this is to write and record an album in the space of 30 days. This was done in April and a handful of excellent people managed to complete it. But I feel this thread will motivate people to see it through.

It is not a competition, it is simply a project to test yourself and better yourself as a musician in terms of creative consistency and song writing...and to give you something to do for a bit of the summer holidays!

The challenge starts on Thursday 1st July 00:00 GMT and ends on Saturday 31st July 23:59 GMT

Die Regeln:

- Must be done in the timeframe of 30 days

- Completely new material, ideas for previous uncompleted songs may be used.

- You may have other people on your songs, but make sure the song is still mostly by you.

- No Covers

- Minimum of total length of album is 20mins

- Minimum number of songs is 3

- Any genre(s) you want

- Recording quality must be the best you can make it.

- Methods of submission will be announced towards the end of the month.

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread, but there are other forums on this site regarding recording and songwriting.

When the album is done at the end of the month, upload the songs to your UG profile, then put them into an album. I will create a thread will links to your albums.

Please sticky this thread if you plan on participating!!

Users taking part:

GezzyDiversion
ChicagoMedic
MyNameDoesn'tFi
T.s.e
Lord-O-Donuts
iro-bot31
ShredHead396
SteveHouse
RageAgnstUrJaw
Seattle_sound35
ultrasonic
fearofthemark
sugirlxz
CrossBack7
Tigas Jot
TheReverend724
Well.......
Littleangus44
levi.lydat
bluedude426
FreakAddiction
IommiPage
calnix
adamstartin
blue_nose9
Jett Diamond
GoodCharloteSux
lockwolf
HailSlaytan
necrosis1193
ciadude2
TV-Casualty
an epic mistake
perry589
The Handshakes - (The Contagen & crazy8rgood)
Kensai
SonicMoomin
primusfan
rockfan7
JackWhite333
.h3xagr4m.
bendystraw
Gaiad
Metal Axe
mullet1337
racman92
kirbyrocknroll
cyco_bob56
bellymctubs
Modedude
Gramana - (necrosis1193 & Primus2112)
SmElLy KiD
guitarpr09
sfaune92
mickeyn8
Deadlock Riff
mergapoot
gallagher2006
Comrade Curry
slipknot5678
lordofthefood1
Timothy O.
DefectedFromGod
goest
chunkychewie
Last edited by GezzyDiversion at Jul 7, 2010,
I will try!!! Awesome idea, good motivator
My Music! Click to hear!
Gear
Lefty 2003 MIM Strat w/Lace Sensors
Lefty Ovation Celeb
Lefty Epi SG G400

Peavey Encore 65 Tube
Peavey Envoy 110 SS

Boss CS-3
Boss DD-3
Vintage DOD Flanger
MT-2 (yuck)
Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2 Loop Pedal
Not very much notice, however, I will definately try to participate... Now to find a drummer.... Or a hacked EZDrummer... Lol.
I'm still finishing up my song from June haha, and I'm supposed to something for the video game album, but the June 30 day song challenge was great fun so I really want to give it another ago with an entire album. No promises, but for now count me in.
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Jun 30, 2010,
IN!

What I plan to do is do all this in GarageBand, which means it will be kinda shitty quality and I won't be able to have wobs. If I want them I'll do them elsewhere I guess. Hopefully I can come up with upwards of 40 minutes of material, then what's good, I can re-synth and make awesome.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I'm in.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
I'm in, again.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

But this is my thread...

Actually, I wont even be on much at all in the next month, so thank you, and will pretty much have a crappy old keyboard to use, but I will try and write something still. I might be able to record it, but I don't know.

Sign me up, just in case.
Quote by GezzyDiversion
I know man, people were requesting it in the June thread and
I waited til today to see if anyone would run one

I don't care, bro. I wanted someone else to do it.
Quote by Littleangus44
Im in! i have a few songs that are almost ready to be submitted already

Then they don't count Has to be all new material that you start at the start time and date.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I'll see what i can do, I'm in.
Quote by Tombe
Shut your noise, I was 18 when I had mine. About 30 seconds later the girl was sick on me. I'm not sure if the two events were related.
Count me in too.
I need some motivation to start writing songs so hopefully this will do it.
Starting my first song now Goign for a EITS post-rock sound with maybe some singing

Although it wont have drums or bass, im limited on that factor, guitar piano and maybe voice only

The Album, I plan, is going to be a sort of concept album of sorts, on a beach from Sunrise (The first Song) To Sunset (The last song) Might add some waves sounds to help it flow
Quote by SteveHouse
Then they don't count Has to be all new material that you start at the start time and date.

alright, il start a new song then
I would like to participate. I guess if I sign up there aren't any negative repercussions if I end up not doing it, haha. Count me in, I guess?
DOWN&OUT
I am in, I write a lot anyway and have a studio so I could definitely get this done
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Yeah, lets see if I can stay motivated and do it this time :p
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Sign me up!
Yksinään hän vaeltaa mis' varjot lankeaa
Halki usvan ja roudan vain teräs seuranaan
Sydämensä kylmä on kuin maa routainen
Mutta silmissään viha polttava kuin kiuas tulinen
Quote by TheReverend724
Is it against the rules to have a guest spot (say guest vocals) if you wrote the part for the person to perform?

Last time I think it was okay, but to make sure, do what I'll do and have more music than you need in case it doesn't count toward your total.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

What the hell. I'll probably fail again, but count me in, I have a good feeling this time.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I'll try to put something together, though I have surgery July 2nd that will apparently leave me a bit loopy for a few weeks so I dunno how well I'll do lol.
im in. i was going to try to do this in july anyway, but this is a great motivator