guys on here told me to get a line6 POD,
(i was looking for the cheapest and simplest way to record at home)

What is the best one?

I saw a little black one, I think was called a gx, it looked alright, but i can't tell cause i dont know much about recording.
POD X3.

I've got one, and it works beautifully. For nearly all others (except for the POD X3 Live and Pro), you've gotta buy extra "model packs", which is essentially expansion packs.

The problem with X3 Live, is that its insides are covered with some kind of special coating, which will make smoke start to appear from the unit.

The problem with X3 Pro, is the humongous (spelling?) price tag...

POD X3 is cheapest, and as I see it, most fit to be simple to record at your home. You won't be sorry if you get one.

Then again, you won't be sorry if you buy ANY of those!
The POD XT and X3 are both great for recording, however if you plan to use your multi-effect processor live, then I suggest you check out the POD XT Live and the POD X3 Live.
Pod X3.
I've owned both the X3 and the XT Live versions.

The X3 was a large step forward with the modeling technology.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by theraven871
Pod X3.
I've owned both the X3 and the XT Live versions.

The X3 was a large step forward with the modeling technology.

POD Studio GX has access to the same modeling. The only PODS that don't are the ones using POD 2.0 technology.

If you are just looking for something to practice or record with at home then the GX is the cheapest and best way to go. If you want to use your sounds/tones live then look into a POD xt live or x3 live; otherwise, gx (or ux1/ux2) is probably more what you're looking for.

the pod gx has a number of amps/cabs/effects modeling but if you for some reason need more to choose from you can buy 'model packs' on the line 6 website. for example if you want more of a variety of high gain amps (although a bunch are already included) you can buy the 'metal shop' package and get 18 additional high gain amps.
Quote by AkiraSpectrum
POD Studio GX has access to the same modeling. The only PODS that don't are the ones using POD 2.0 technology.

If you are just looking for something to practice or record with at home then the GX is the cheapest and best way to go. If you want to use your sounds/tones live then look into a POD xt live or x3 live; otherwise, gx (or ux1/ux2) is probably more what you're looking for.

the pod gx has a number of amps/cabs/effects modeling but if you for some reason need more to choose from you can buy 'model packs' on the line 6 website. for example if you want more of a variety of high gain amps (although a bunch are already included) you can buy the 'metal shop' package and get 18 additional high gain amps.

The GX doesn't have the dynamics and feel of the X3. For me, its more similar to the XT then the X3.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Thanks for all the feedback so far,
for the people who mentioned playing live, I was only really planning on using the pod for home recording/practice, I wasnt thinking of using it for playing live at gigs and stuff.