Hey UG
Many a question about the HT-5 as i am interested.
1. So the HT-5 is a 5w tube amp, but how loud would you say it actually was?
2. Whats the equivelant in wattage to digital?
3. Is it loud enough to play over drummer, bassist and vocals ect...
4. Is the line out at the back any good for hooking up to a PA? or mic it?
5. HT-5 and pedals sound good? And is it more versatile than buying say, a more expensive tube amp and having no pedals?

Thanks all
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Quote by richyt93
Hey UG
5. HT-5 and pedals sound good? And is it more versatile than buying say, a more expensive tube amp and having no pedals?

Thanks all

it's a hybrid
maybe 20?
no
mic it
no yes
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
1. Quite loud, but you can use it in your bedroom.
2. 25 or something
3. Nope, you'll need 50 watt tube for that.
4. Yep.
5. In my opinion it is. But also look at the Peavey ValveKing for example. And the Laney VC / LC series.
1. it's very loud, it will easily be about 100db, i've never tried it though
2. it's about 15 watts solid state but it depends on what amp you're comparing it to
3. you may be able to hear it over a drummer, but you may want to look at the ht-20 for that
4. the line out is designed to be hooked upto an audio interface for recording, but it could work, but the it sounds completly different through the line out than the speaker.
5. my ds-1 sounded better through it than on my old solid state amp, so i would say yes pedals do sound good through it. i think all the blackstar amps are very versatile how many amps give you both british and american amp tonal characteristics, but that is all personal opinion
Quote by richyt93
Hey UG

Thanks all

1) Pretty much a tube amp. Some SS components.
2) Not really a single answer for this. Generally both SS and Tube amps are rated clean. But a tube power can be overdriven into distortion and deliver more power. The theory states a fully overdriven output (i.e. square wave) is twice the power of a clean amp. So at best and at full bore a 5W tube amp puts out 10W. But other factors come into play. First I doubt you will normally drive the power amp into a square wave. Second, no one knows how honest the ratings of SS amps are.
3) Maybe, but why take a chance?
4) Never tried it with mine, but that's kind of what it's for.
5) Sounds great with pedals on the clean channel. If you want 15W of tube tone and versatility without pedals at a better price than the HT-5 I would steer you to the Fender Super Champ XD.
1. It has a tube pre-amp and a tube power amp - it's tube.
2. A watt is a watt. It's no louder than a SS amp or modeler at the same wattage. The nature of the wave form and the harmonic qualities of tube amps just makes them "SEEM" louder to the human ear.
3. Yes - if the drummer is playing at a moderate level and not pummeling the kit.
4. Yes
5. Yes