Hi there guys. So on my american strat the saddle on the high e string has to be fairly high on my guitar when bending on the 7th fret, or else it frets out. This one saddle is always lowering itself and it happens quite a lot, after not too much playing. The saddle on the b string lowers itself quite a bit too but its not as bad. I have had it set up professionally so I am guessing a dodgy bridge? Is there any good solutions? I thought of just jamming something underneath it? Any help would be appreciated thanks!
Quote by dweb23
Hi there guys. So on my american strat the saddle on the high e string has to be fairly high on my guitar when bending on the 7th fret, or else it frets out. This one saddle is always lowering itself and it happens quite a lot, after not too much playing. The saddle on the b string lowers itself quite a bit too but its not as bad. I have had it set up professionally so I am guessing a dodgy bridge? Is there any good solutions? I thought of just jamming something underneath it? Any help would be appreciated thanks!

get a locking tremolo system
Go to a home depot, lowes, ace hardware, etc....and buy some liquid threadlocker. Just a tiny drop on each saddle height adjustment screw will keep them from 'self-adjusting'. Hell, you could even use elmer's white glue and a toothpick to put a TINY amount on the screw threads to solve the problem. Neither the threadlocker or elmers is so strong that you can't 'break the lock' easilly if you need to make adjustments later on down the road.
Quote by webwarmiller
Go to a home depot, lowes, ace hardware, etc....and buy some liquid threadlocker. Just a tiny drop on each saddle height adjustment screw will keep them from 'self-adjusting'. Hell, you could even use elmer's white glue and a toothpick to put a TINY amount on the screw threads to solve the problem. Neither the threadlocker or elmers is so strong that you can't 'break the lock' easilly if you need to make adjustments later on down the road.

Nice 1, thanks