Hi

I'm about to transport my tube combo in a car for the first time since I bought it, how should I do when transporting it? Is it OK to lay it down on it's back in the trunk? It's a Bugera 6262 2x12.

Cheers
yes it should be fine

maybe put some blankets underneath and strap it down some how in case you hit a hard bump or get into an accident or something.

when you get to your destination it is always a good idea to make sure all the tubes (especially the power tubes) are seated (pushed down) nice and tight.

when shipping or going long distances it is usually a good idea to remove the power tubes while in transit.
I put mine in the back seat and make it wear a seat belt.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
I put mine in the back seat and make it wear a seat belt.

This. I'm over protective of my amps, so if I have no other passenger, I strap it in the front seat with a blanket covering all sides. I'd put it in the back seat if you could at least. I wouldn't trust my amp in a trunk, but that's just me being over protective.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Tube amps are a lot stronger than most people probably think, obviously some models are stronger than others, but in general, they don't die if you bash them around a little bit. Still that's not to say that you shouldn't look after it, after all the more love you give something, the longer it's gonna last. But I'm just saying that you don't really need to worry about it TOO much.

As long as it's not sliding around in the trunk/boot it should be fine. After all, bands transport their gear all over the world in the backs of vans and in the luggage compartments of planes, and they don't brake all that often.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
trebuchet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just throw mine in the trunk. I've never had problems. They aren't as fragile as they look. Like 311 said, make sure the tubes are tight before you fire it up but that's it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
only reason i wont put them in the trunk now is the roads here in Hampton Roads VA are in horrible conditions, massive potholes, bumps, basically the only way you could fall asleep at the wheel here is if ya flat out just died at the wheel lol, meaning no one could sleep through these kind of road conditions. so i usually dont place them in the trunk.
I just push mine right into the corner of the boot (English for trunk), usually upright as I keep my pedals and jacks in the back of it, and then really wedge my guitar's hardcase into it to keep it nice and steady. Either that or keep it on the floor between the front seat and the back seat. They're not as delicate as you'd think. One time it fell off of a large table, face first into hard wood floor and it was fine. Obviously I shat brix but nothing had actually happened to it both aesthetically or sound wise. Not that you shouldn't be careful with them
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Last edited by PussyPunk182 at Jun 30, 2010,