I recently obtained 2 old speakers, speakers that would hook up to a sound system instead of an amp, but I wanna hook them up to my Vox Amp. The input for these speakers needs speaker cable, so do I need to buy an adapter? Or can i simply cut a guitar cord and stick the ends in the input? Any info would be much appreciated
Last edited by That Old Geezer at Jun 30, 2010,
basically this sounds like a bad idea.

speakers that would hook up to a sound system are not designed to work with a guitar amp. What Vox is it?

don't use a guitar cord

if it is speaker cable then you can cut and solder to a 1/4 jack or the other way around but I'm not recommending that and i'm still a bit confused as to what you are asking there.

does your Vox amp need a new speaker?
Yeah, I definatly wouldn't recommend doing that.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.