my behringer amp, my ibanez, and my epiphone guitar have a huge problem.(dont coment on my gear i know it sucks, im getting a prs soon, i hope) The place wear you plug you guitar into gets really really loose and then the nut thingy falls off and then the hole you plug your cable into gets lost somewhere inside the amp/ guitar. does anyone know how to fix this? the guitar is easy i can just take off the back plate and then fix it from there, but idk how to fix my amp.

it is sooooo annoying please help
Can you get the jack back out of the amp using a coat hanger or something?
If so, use Blue Locktite on metal threaded jacks to keep it from loosening again. If it's plastic, use super glue.
Last edited by 667 at Jun 30, 2010,
Quote by 667
If so, use Blue Locktite on metal threaded jacks to keep it from loosening again. If it's plastic, use super glue.

+1
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by 667

the threads may unfortunatly be gone from me trying to get it out of amp for over an hour using various small plyers and clamp like things
Get a short cable and a 1/4" coupler from Radio Shack (let's you connect 2 instrument cables together). Plug the small cable into the jack and loop it around something (like the handle - or a screw in the side of the amp - or use duct tape) - to act as a break so it won't yank at the jack when your tossing your guitar around). Just keep the short cable with the coupler attached to the jack all the time and plug and unplug your guitar's cable into that. It wont be pretty but it'll get you by until you upgrade your amp.