hello,

i was looking to buy a new guitar this week. I currently own a epiphone les paul standard. And it is a nice guitar i use it to play anything from blues to rock. But i was looking to get another guitar for heavier music and fast shredding. So i was looking for a guitar with a little more thinner neck than the les paul. Not that you can't shred fast on les paul i know you can but i would prefere a little thinner neck. I played the Dk2 dinky and i like the neck but i am open to suggestions. Btw i am left handed so link me some good thin neck left handed guitars and leave some feedback. I will also check for their reviews at the website here. Guitar playing is my hobby and i am not a serious musician or nothing but hey learning songs you like is always fun. Oh and my budget is around 700 dollars.
Where Life had no value, death sometimes had its price. That is why bounty killers Showed up.
Last edited by Unforgiven12 at Jun 30, 2010,
esp ltd EC-1000 BLK, seen a couple lefty's around
godin redline 2 (havent seen any lefty's, but godin is usually really good about it)
the jackson is also a really solid guitar. check out ibanez as well, they do make a fair number of metal friendly lefty's (dont know their line well enough off the top of my head)
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Here it is.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2L-Dinky-LeftHanded-Electric-Guitar?sku=520319

Jackson dk2L. I own it, and love it. Great for shredding.
Right on your budget.

yea that is the one i played at my friends. It like it. And the seymore duncans sounds nice.
Where Life had no value, death sometimes had its price. That is why bounty killers Showed up.
Quote by Unforgiven12
yea that is the one i played at my friends. It like it. And the seymore duncans sounds nice.

I say go for it. You've played it and liked it. Should be great reasons to get it.
i will just buy it from them i guess and they are gonna throw in a case with the guitar.
How about a Fender Highway One Fat Strat?? Very versatile, thin neck, and both single and double coil pick ups.

ron666
Quote by ron666
How about a Fender Highway One Fat Strat?? Very versatile, thin neck, and both single and double coil pick ups.

ron666

does it come left handed ron?
does it come left handed ron?

I dont think it does but you can restring the strings and turn it around.
Quote by Unforgiven12
hello,

i was looking to buy a new guitar this week. I currently own a epiphone les paul standard. And it is a nice guitar i use it to play anything from blues to rock. But i was looking to get another guitar for heavier music and fast shredding. So i was looking for a guitar with a little more thinner neck than the les paul. Not that you can't shred fast on les paul i know you can but i would prefere a little thinner neck. I played the Dk2 dinky and i like the neck but i am open to suggestions. Btw i am left handed so link me some good thin neck left handed guitars and leave some feedback. I will also check for their reviews at the website here. Guitar playing is my hobby and i am not a serious musician or nothing but hey learning songs you like is always fun. Oh and my budget is around 700 dollars.

How about a Fender Strat HSS???

I own one and the sound is gr8. It has a thin neck and nice wide frets to allow fast shredding. And a choice of both single and double coil pick ups allow playing versatility.

ron666
Left handed and needing a guitar for heavier stuff, I'd say it's a no brainer to look at Schecter. They are one of the few brands that offer almost all of their range as a lefty option. As a lefty myself I'm all for supporting brands who aren't happily discriminating against us. i.e almost every other company

I tried a Dinky early on in my guitar playing career and honestly I've never owned a guitar for such a short period of time. I think I had it a week before I sold it on again. Maybe they've increased in quality since I played them though.