I have a Line 6 SpiderValve Mk II 40 watt and im going to be gigging it soon and i have all these well honed preset patchs that i love and spend hours tweaking to get perfect sounds, but i was wondering if i turn it up to full or near full volume how much are they going to change because i always feel that at the volume i use it at the distortion doesnt seem to be very heavy and feel its got more to give.

TL;DR How much does playing loud affect tone.
SMILE!
The more that you crank that amp, the better it will sound.

EDIT: If you wan't more tube breakup and distortion, that is.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by AcousticMirror
it will affect it a lot.

Okay thanks for that but how noticable is it?
SMILE!
Quote by FuzzLove
The more that you crank that amp, the better it will sound.

Not necessarily. If he has found a sound he liked at a lower level, and he turns it up, the sound is going to change quite drastically.

Most people will prefer the sound when it's louder...But, if he plays death metal or something, he might not want the "pushed tube" sound. (I think those Spider Valve's are full tube?)

EDIT: Didn't see your edit.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
Okay thanks for that but how noticable is it?

Very noticable. It will change your sound a lot.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
@LezPaulEpiphone, the Valve is tube, but I think the PreAmp section has a chip in it for distortion... not sure though.

But yeah, I've turned mine up louder on some presets and the sound did change... but not so much in another direction, it just made the expression of it come out further as the tubes show more at louder volumes... (I think XD)
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!