One side is flush the other side is out a bit.

I hope you guys have spoiler tags. Guess not I'll tone it down.
Last edited by Metronome at Jun 30, 2010,
If the springs don't have equal tension across the board then surely when you use the vibrato arm it will tighten/slacken the strings assymetrically. It will sound like it's out of tune.

That should be the case unless this has been done for a reason, ie the springs don't have equal tension without this.

Basically does it sound funny when you use the vibrato arm?
It's quite normal for the high side (the non-flush side on the left there) to not be screwed in as far as the other side is. This helps balance the tension between the thinner high strings and the thicker low strings. However, that claw has been screwed almost all the way in anyway. Are you trying to lock and block the bridge so it doesn't move? If so, tighten both sides equally. If you want to use the vibrato then that claw really needs to be loosened further on both sides.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
You must use really heavy strings. When I still had mine floating, it wasn't really as deeply screwed in. I have it locked back now, tremolos aren't my thing. If I was you, assuming you have three springs in there, I would put the springs on 1, 3, & 5 on the claw part (the part you took a pic of), and put it as 2,3,4 on the bridge. Then make them assymetrical (spelling?)

Hope this helps.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE

Thats how mine looked before I locked it back.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Is it used? That looks like it was done with some specific playing style in mind.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Quote by Metronome
squire strat as well? Mine is MIC though

I was just showing my spring config before I threw 2 more in and made the bridge lock back. The triangle config seems to work best for me.

EDIT: No, mine is a MIM strat.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
Last edited by cdr_salamander at Jun 30, 2010,