Well, the strings on my Custom Shop Fender broke. What strings are on there stock? And are they good? I want something that will let me get shredalicious tones. Think John Petrucci. And I down tune a lot. What is the best brand for down tuning? To things like E an octave down.

And I need new picks. What kind will let me play faster? Right now with my Tortex 1.0s I can play John Mayer stuff at about full speed but I want something that will let me do those crazy fast John Petrucci runs. Can you tell I like John Petrucci? lol

And while we're on it, I need a half stack for gigging. I have 150 but may go to 200 if it's worth it. A full stack would be even better. Or should I get a pedal for distortion? The Boss DS-1 looks gnarly. Could it pull off a Petrucci tone? I need beautiful shimmering cleans too because I play blues like John Mayer. I hear he uses a Dumble. Where can I get one and how much are they? I don't think they have a website. Please don't recommend Bugera, they are too expensive.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
No. Does it sound like Petrucci? And btw, I can't try anything out because I don't have a car and my mommy won't drive me to Guitar Center so I have to order online.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

then it's a must.

also, i think the fender custom shop guitars really come with gibson pure strings. it's a big secret but it's true, i read it on echin.
Sell the Custom Shop Fender and invest in a pallet jack full of new strings and a case of picks. Go for the variety pack on the picks that way you have all kinds of choices. I like nylon acoustic stings btw. As far as half stacks go you might be able to find a Windsor half stack for about $300. No clean channel but with the right strings and picks - you can make up for it. The cab is ballin too!

No wonder it sounded so good. Gibsons are the best.

And guys, I found this out in my garage.

It's really dirty so I think it's vintage. How loud does it get without a cab?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

hilarilous..

*reported
Gear

Epiphone les paul Standard (sunburst)

Crate Vintage Club 50

Ibanez TS9 (Turbo Version?)

Alvarez Jumbo Acoustic
Petrucci uses Jim Dunlop JP Shield Black Jazz III picks.

It doesn't really say on his website what he uses for distortion. The Boss DS-1 is a distortion pedal, what more can you say. For your range it seems like a good Multi-Effect would be best.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
This is epic trolling right?

The MG sucks donkeys, picks don't make you play faster it''s all personal preference although I swear by Jazz IIIs and save up for a decent amp.
Quote by Rockerdude135
hilarilous..

*reported

Why are you reporting me? I just want to know.

Does anyone know any good settings for the amp I posted? It won't make any sound.

And would an attenuator help? I saw one for $30 on eBay.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Why'd you report him!!?!?!

TS that silver amp is a rare early marshall from 1962, it's worth hundreds of thouasands, KEEP it!
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Really?!?! I think I'll put it on Craig's List. What's the best amp for that much money? Would a Bugera V22 be good for Petrucci?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

A head won't make any sound without a cab since it doesn't have any speakers. And if it has a cd in, it would e no where close to vintage.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Duude, Dumble amps go cheep during winter, has to do with the caps inside them breaking, but you could get a tech to fix it for like 15 bucks.

I'd rather get a digitech hothead then the ds-1, digital is way better when it comes to distortion

also, get gibson strings, they give you that les paul honk and growl, even on fender guitars! though i'd stay away from fender strings, sounds too fendery
Quote by stephen_rettie
This is epic trolling right?

The MG sucks donkeys, picks don't make you play faster it''s all personal preference although I swear by Jazz IIIs and save up for a decent amp.

Yeah, but if you get flimsy little shit picks, they snap halfway through an epic E minor shred (my experience). I use Fender Heavy's personally.

Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
What's up with the light bulbs in the back of some amps? Do some amps work as lamps? I don't really need a lamp, just a good amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

open up the back of that marshall, you should see some big blue things, you can take those out be sure to you a metal pliers. you can then replace those with the lamps if you like
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
But I don't want a lamp. I want a Petrucci tone. I hear he uses Mesa Boogies. Which one can I get in my budget? I might be willing to stretch it even farther to $250 if I can get something really nice.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
But I don't want a lamp. I want a Petrucci tone. I hear he uses Mesa Boogies. Which one can I get in my budget? I might be willing to stretch it even farther to $250 if I can get something really nice.

Petrucci is a tool and he doesn't even use Boogies. Get a Fender man. Fender only makes high gain metal amps. Check their Frontman series. Brootalz.