i am new to playing in other tunes then e standard and i used a whole lot of different tunings the other day and i tuned my guitar after pressing the flat button three times and i like that tuning nut can someone just tell me what its called is it a c tuning or d flat
cheers for that and if i wanted to do a drop tuning from that tuning do i tune the e string a half step or full step down
One full step down will put you into a dropped tuning.

EADGBe --Drop the low E one step--> DADGBe aka Drop D tuning.
For your tuning
Db Gb Cb Fb Ab dB --Drop the low E string thats been detuned to a Db--> B Gb Cb Fb Ab db or Drop B tuning.

Hope that wasn't confusing haha
thanks for that with tunings is there a D flat D standard and D sharp or is there just flat and sharp tunings?
Quote by Rumitup
thanks for that with tunings is there a D flat D standard and D sharp or is there just flat and sharp tunings?

Uhhh....what? That was a little incoherent.

If you're asking, yeah, there's a Db tuning, D standard tuning, and a D# tuning. Most of the time, you'll see Db tuning as C# tuning and D# tuning is often called Eb tuning, but that's just the naming convention I see around most often. And, yes, there is a D standard. That's just standard tuning down a whole step.