I bought a new set of guitar strings last month and I decided to go with the store brand (Long and McQuade) strings for $5. I noticed yesterday after playing, my finger tips had rust on them. So I took a cloth and rubbed it against my G-B-E strings and I saw a lot of brown/black. So I want to buy another set of strings.

Here's my question, what string brands should I look for? The factory strings were really nice and lasted me a few months, but I don't know the brand. I have an Epiphone Les Paul Studio and I generally play (classic) rock (Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Foo Fighters, etc).
Last edited by fudger562 at Jun 30, 2010,
I'd say Ernie ball they're awesome I went two months without restringing all te others last a couple weeks
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Elixir coated. use em on both acoustic and electric and they sound good, last a long time.
Elixirs are my first choice. But the guitar store I go to to buy strings doesn't normally carry Elixir 11s for some reason so I usually get Ernie Ball 11s. Elixirs are the best string brand IMO, especially the Nanoweb-coated kind.
I swear this thread is like a weekly occurrence right now.

I'm a big fan of D'Addario's for electric (specifically the XL's).
DR's are pretty good. i use those. ernie ball slinky's are also really nice. i've hear elixir's are nice but i've never played them.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
I use ernie ball.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong