eehm...

play an acoustic?

I don't really understand what you mean
You like it
i mean, when i normally play in an acoustic (any kind of strings) i really cant get that especific sound. that sounds like softer but higher, i dont really know but i like it xD
i mean, im searching the kind of strings used or the kind of acoustic guitar used
chances are you may need a different guitar, but try lighter strings - extra lights - and experiment. maybe start with 80/20s.
For one, the Paramore song you linked us to uses a capo. One tab said on the 2nd fret. Another said the 4th fret. You will likely be able to get this tone with using a capo.
I remember there being a thread asking about this sort of thing a while back. It turns out the person was describing the combination of reverb and the "clickiness" of the pick hitting the strings.

To tell you the truth, it has a lot to do with the microphone being used and reverb being added from Pro Tools or other software after recorded. You're looking for/hearing something along those lines that you're expecting out of playing an acoustic in person and it's just not really something you're going to reproduce.

First off, the recordings of the guitars you're hearing are made from the FRONT of the guitar. When you're playing you dont get that same sound to your ears because you're BEHIND the guitar and the "under the chin" factor is more at work here.

Second, good condensor microphones pick up little details like that not BETTER than ears, but DIFFERENTLY than ears and we hear it better once translated onto tape(i mean any recorded format, really). Thats because NOW we're paying attention to it and now we can hear the front of the guitar better becase that's what got recorded. Try holding a chord and then tilting your guitar towards you and put your ear as close to the soundhole or other parts of the guitar and strum. I know it's an awkward position haha, but just try it and see if you get closer to hearing the recorded sound of an acoustic. The depth, resonance, and detail all change depending on where your ear is and that's how the microphones behave as well. There's just a different FOCUS, that's all.

And last, but not least, take into account the different types and levels of digital reverb that studios apply to guitars. That really plays a large role in the presence of the sound, meaning how close or far away it seems to sound. This is reflected in real life when you walk away from someone playing guitar in a room or when you get closer to them. It changes the sound quite a bit.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Bright light is 100% correct.

You may want to experiment with different effects, etc if you have access.
Quote by stefanonae
and what about the strings??

Not a huge contributing factor to what you're hearing. I find most string types sound pretty much the same from brand to brand.

80/20 Bronze for crisper, brighter tone

Phosphor Bronze for still crisp, but slighlty mellower tone (my personal favorite)

Flatwounds for pretty much the mellowest besides nylon

Just pick something.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce