So which guitar?

(little backround, skip if you want
Alright, just last night I decided that I could buy my first electric guitar (that would follow my personal criteria: fender, stratocaster, maple, [preferably white, but it's whatever], and vintage-like).
this is a pretty big decision for me since I've been saving for about two years for this guitar (and I just realized it'd be mine when I originally thought my original plans for buying it in July were failed))

anyway here it is, I dunno which to get at this point (obviously, the playing of the guitars would be ultimate and final decision), but your thoughts on this anyway?

Fender FSR Standard Strat Vintage Noiseless Ash
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-FSR-Standard-Stratocaster-Vintage-Noiseless-Ash-Electric-Guitar-620784-i1518258.gc

OR

Fender Classic Series 70s Strat
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Classic-Series--70s-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-100493343-i1146386.gc

also, I'm hoping to buy additional stuff, like a Wah pedal (probably Vox), and some strings/cable - and of course money is an issue (also this is my f***ing money that I saved)- I'm also taking advantage of this weekend's July 4th sale/coupons

thanks y'all
Why does it have to be a Fender?
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Go to a guitar store and try different guitars along with fenders. You might absolutely hate strats and decide to buy something else.
Quote by Dream Floyd
Why does it have to be a Fender?

I don't know, maybe he likes Fender? Wild guess...

Anyways, those Ash strats are killer! Throw some Franlin blues specials in them and you will have a guitar on beast mode. That would be my pick, hands down.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
I had one of those strats (fsr) - it was an awesome guitar.

Make sure you try a bunch of guitars that are in your price range though. Get something that really fits you.
i would go with the classic series.But if you play rock i would go with an epiphone les paul
Quote by bizcuits212
Go to a guitar store and try different guitars along with fenders. You might absolutely hate strats and decide to buy something else.

I was convinced fender was great by others. After I got one, i know it's a squire, I found I dislike fender. Strats with active emgs are nice for me. Everything is preferance honestly try other guitars like: Gibson, washburn, epiphone, jackson, cort etc. If you jump into it you may be disapointed like me and have a hard time practising because you dislike your guitar.
Last edited by Metronome at Jun 30, 2010,
If its your first and if you are a begginer try a Fender Squire Strat unless if you are willing to pay a little more for a epiphone Les Paul which will give you a ventage look, if you look online you can find one for about $200
i'm not an expert and getting a first guitar myself..but isn't $600+ way too much for a first guitar? maybe save some of it for a good amp that'll last a while? or for some pedals in the future?
thanks y'all (but to clear up things I've been playing for little over two years, and have spent the last couple of months on an electric [not mine], I was confident enough to spent my hard earned money on something that I'm pretty serious about) - so it would've been my first very own electric - which I got

it was a fender american strat and it's amazing!!
Quote by Sik9
i'm not an expert and getting a first guitar myself..but isn't $600+ way too much for a first guitar? maybe save some of it for a good amp that'll last a while? or for some pedals in the future?

Having a guitar you're comfortable on is better than having a good AMP imo. You tend to player better on guitars you feel comfortable on, things are easier.

Also test out the strat first and other guitars, strats aren't for everybody.
Last edited by SmokeJs at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by bigE3
If its your first and if you are a begginer try a Fender Squire Strat unless if you are willing to pay a little more for a epiphone Les Paul which will give you a ventage look, if you look online you can find one for about $200

Don't buy an Epiphone. Ever.
Go with the Fender. Buy quality and you'll never be disappointed.

ron666