I was fired from an office internship today for sitting in my chair hunched over my task and for being shy. I'm an introvert. When I speak (closer to mumbling) at what sounds like a reasonable volume to my ears is apparently inaudible to everybody else. When I try to speak louder and more clearly, most people still can't understand me. I also find it hard to make eye contact. I'm going for a walk.
That sucks, get a new job.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by guitarnoobie
I was fired from an office internship today for sitting in my chair hunched over my task and for being shy. I'm an introvert. When I speak (closer to mumbling) at what sounds like a reasonable volume to my ears is apparently inaudible to everybody else. When I try to speak louder and more clearly, most people still can't understand me. I also find it hard to make eye contact. I'm going for a walk.
Cool blog, bro...?

But to be constructive before this is closed, work on your confidence and well as practicing social skills with people you're more comfortable around.
I got fired from my previous job for keeping to myself, too. Apparently I don't work well with people. Apparently there's more of a team effort in making a ****ing pizza than I was previously aware of. Bah.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Try practicing in the Mirror like that actor dude from Little Nicky.

"Theres Only One Thing Better than drinking a nice Ice Cold Whiskey Sour on a Hot Alabama Night and thats telling the truth... I know what you think of me Grandma, You think Im Worthless, You think im a Stumle-Bum who will never amount to anything.... WELL YOU ARE WRONG!"
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
You need to pronounciate, and take a public speech course to raise your volume and create more confidence within who you are.

I was like that at a younger point in time in my life. Just got to shout it out sometimes to get noticed.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
So are you going to try and correct these things?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I quit (was about to be fired, but decided to quit before they could do it) working in the dining room of a nursing home for the same reason, minus the posture.
I'm ridiculously shy at first, anxiety is a huge problem for me.
Whenever I had to talk to a patient I had to f.ucking yell, all the patients were disgustingly rude, all the girls I worked with were bitches, so I'd go whole shifts without saying a word to them.
I only worked there for two months.
I hated that job so much.

Shyness/anxiety suck dude, makes it really difficult to work.
So they have the right to fire.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Oh, god, I didn't know you could get fired for that.

I'm going to have a harder time finding a job than I thought.
well, do better.

I recently had to take my hands out my pockets at work. i just about managed it, but i'm still kind of getting over it.

phew.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
It seems like your introverted nature was preventing you from doing the job that they hired you for. It's not shocking they fired you - internships in offices require fast paced thinking and on the spot troubleshooting, most of which is done in coordination with your peers. It's not the best place for a socially uncomfortable person.

I'd say look for a job that plays to your personality, or this is going to be an ongoing issue.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
The big question is, how do you plan to change it? I hate to say this, but in society today there isn't very much room for people who don't have public speaking skills.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
To be honest, thats what the world is like. You have to be at least averagely normal.

I suggest therapy to help you overcome this.
Quote by guitarnoobie

I think soon you and I will have something in common TS.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I was like that and one day I realised ''is this it? is this who I should be? **** that' Now I'm laying girls all the time, making decent money in small hours, have friends, better to my family.
What do you want? If you can't change it you've already lost.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by Morve38
But to be constructive before this is closed, work on your confidence and well as practicing social skills with people you're more comfortable around.

This! I had the same problem when I was younger (Im 17 now) I'm still working on it but it's not as bad, you can't avoid interacting with people your whole life so you need to work on it
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Work on your posture, bad posture makes you look lazy.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Sounds like I'm gonna have a hard time finding a job, I have good posture but I'm rather shy and quite.
God, you remind me of myself a while ago. Eye contact and a good voice are essential skills, If you have trouble with eye contact, aim at the middle of the eyebrows. With the voice, if you're going to miss, try to miss loud. That way at least you get your point across.
Si lo ven que viene palo al tiburon
Vamos a darle duro sin vacilacion
Si lo ven que viene palo al Tiburon
En la union esta la fuerza y nuestra salvacion

I got fired from Chik Fil A for the same reason. I'm pretty good with people and I always received compliments for being polite all the time, but apparently I need to joke around more. I'm not shy, just apathetic. Which is worse than your problem.

Just work on walking up straight and talking louder. There's not much else you can do.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by guitarnoobie

I am also introvert, I know youre pain. eye contact is important. you will also feel better if you maintain a good posture, also how would you feel if you were trying to talk to somebody and they just mumbled back?
Quote by GaijinFoot
I was like that and one day I realised ''is this it? is this who I should be? **** that' Now I'm laying girls all the time, making decent money in small hours, have friends, better to my family.
What do you want? If you can't change it you've already lost.

you sound like one of those "get rich quick by working at home" commercials
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
Quote by strat0blaster
It seems like your introverted nature was preventing you from doing the job that they hired you for. It's not shocking they fired you - internships in offices require fast paced thinking and on the spot troubleshooting, most of which is done in coordination with your peers. It's not the best place for a socially uncomfortable person.

I'd say look for a job that plays to your personality, or this is going to be an ongoing issue.

How much collaboration does it take to sort bills?
If you worked for me and I couldn't understand what you were trying to communicate I would have fired you to.
Nothing personal.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
If you worked for me and I couldn't understand what you were trying to communicate I would have fired you to.
Nothing personal.

And if I worked for you, I would have corrected your grammar (under my breath).
Just pretend to be nice.
That's what I do at my job.
Yksinään hän vaeltaa mis' varjot lankeaa
Halki usvan ja roudan vain teräs seuranaan
Sydämensä kylmä on kuin maa routainen
Mutta silmissään viha polttava kuin kiuas tulinen
I was like that. I found that being drunk all the time helps.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
unfortunately, that's how jobs are. You need to be able to work together with other people, because you're not doing your job alone; you're working together as a team, and need to be able to function in a team. Even the "nerdiest" jobs require you to be able to work well in a team. The only job I can think of where I DIDN'T have to work in a team was when I was working in a warehouse, and just had to carry things around, and I've had all kinds of jobs.
I just got hired at a grocery store. My first day was yesterday. You pretty much just have to suck up who you are and pretend to be someone you aren't. Do you think I really want to be nice to half of these rude as people? No, but I do it anyway because it's my job to be nice.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
My job requires I talk to people for almost 8 hours a day, so if people couldn't hear or understand me that would certainly impede my ability to work.