Hey, I usually use Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky (Regular 9's with the bottom 3 strings 26,36, and 46), my floyd is perfectly even with the body, now I bought a pack of Regular slinky, so the top strings are a little thicker on these ones, my bridge won't be even anymore which happened the last time I used these, and it's difficult to use the tremolo bar because it's a little too crowded, so how do I re-adjust the bridge to put on this new set of Regulars?
Last edited by BlueFuzion101 at Jun 30, 2010,
Tighten the screws in the back (do it a tiny bit at a time and keep retuning), although I always found it better to just stick with lighter gauges.
they will make the bridge pull forward some so ya have to tighten the screws for that plate that holds the springs to even out the bridge, but i'd downtune just a hair first(not a half step or anything, just a bit flat etc), thats at least what i did on a strat bridge which uses the same spring fuction etc. are the regulars 11s? because a neck adjustment might need to be made aswell.

im asking if they are 11s because alot of string companies label 11s as regulars.
The regulars are 10's so it's not a really big difference. Where are the screws you are talking about, do I need to crack open the back of the guitar?
Quote by BlueFuzion101
The regulars are 10's so it's not a really big difference. Where are the screws you are talking about, do I need to crack open the back of the guitar?

should be a plastic cover on the back in the middle where the springs are for the tremolo. they are connected to a plate, in small increments if you tighten them(equally) they bridge will move lower towards the tail of the guitar, loosening them will move the bridge foward and up etc.
Last edited by WaltTheWerewolf at Jun 30, 2010,
It doesn't dramatically pop out, but just enough to annoy the hell out of you. I could play with it like this, but I plan to stick with the 10's, that's why I'm asking how to do this.
Thank you so much, I fixed it now. You've helped me a ton!
Last edited by BlueFuzion101 at Jun 30, 2010,