http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/06/24/28330.htm

"The police then proceeded to approach Ms. Varner in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she began to suffer oxygen deprivation.
"The police then fired a Taser at her and only one wire struck her, in the left arm; the police then fired a second Taser, striking her to the right and left of the midline of her upper chest and applied high voltage, causing burns to her chest, extreme pain and to pass out.

Seriously... what the fuck?

Well at least they didn't shoot her

To be fair though she was apparently threatening to kill herself with a knife, to be fairer she was a medicated 86 year old bedridden grandmother who at that point was probably so weak fromn the oxygen deprivation that they probably could have plucked the knife from her hands.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
1. Old.
2. Doesn't exactly look like all that confirmable a news source on it's facts and/or bias.
3. inb4 "Fuck the police, they're just giant bullies" etc.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
had this thread a few days ago with the same source IIRC.

there's something not quite right with the report. ten police officers don't just show up to an emergency medical call unless the address has a history of violence or there's been a miscommunication at some point. Either way this thread will likely turn into an anti-authoritarian circle jerk.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
also, where does the standing on the oxygen tube come from?

the grandson is out of the apartment at that point, the old lady is in a bad way eventually suffering from oxygen deprivation and the police aren't likely to include that in their report. the more I think about this the dodgier it seems.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH

Quote by element4433
Shocking story.

Doesn't look very legit though.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
That's shocking.

IRISH_EDIT:FUCK YOU^
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Last edited by IRISH_PUNK13 at Jun 30, 2010,
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
That's shocking.

That pun was revolting.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
This thread isn't going to end well. Stories involving the police never do. Plus the details seem really sketchy.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Police taking their taser to people for practically nothing is expect of them now.

Jaywalking? BAM! TASER!
Underage drinking? BAM! TASER!
Mass murder? BAM! TASER!
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Originally Posted by sg255
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...randmother.html
If that's not a reliable source, then I don't know what is...

"Her alarmed garndson, is then said to have replied:..."

"He was then was assaulted..."

For such a "reliable source," the editor sure did a poor job.

"Lona was then handcuffed with sufficient ruthlessness to tear the soft flesh of her forearms, causing her to bleed."

Sounds like another exaturated story by some tabloid magazine, demonizing some hard working law enforcers that probably had good intentions and some tough decisions to make at the scene, with no other purpose that making a little money.
-JBSwreckfest
Why is it that all of a sudden, it's cool on The Pit to sympathize with the police? I remember months and months ago where everyone would just rip on the police for brutality, now everyone says something like this:

Quote by jbswreckfest

"Lona was then handcuffed with sufficient ruthlessness to tear the soft flesh of her forearms, causing her to bleed."

Sounds like another exaturated story by some tabloid magazine, demonizing some hard working law enforcers that probably had good intentions and some tough decisions to make at the scene, with no other purpose that making a little money.

not to specifically call you out jbs, but its a good example of what I mean.
has a terrible signature.
Quote by Austyn6661
Why is it that all of a sudden, it's cool on The Pit to sympathize with the police? I remember months and months ago where everyone would just rip on the police for brutality, now everyone says something like this:

Because it's a bullshit story.
Do take sides between police and everyone else?
I choose what's right.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by jbswreckfest

You're American, so I'll forgive you for not fully comprehending the Daily Mail.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Old. There was a thread a couple days ago about this.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Those old people will surprise you! Remember they're the generation that killed Nazis!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Originally Posted by Austyn6661
Why is it that all of a sudden, it's cool on The Pit to sympathize with the police? I remember months and months ago where everyone would just rip on the police for brutality, now everyone says something like this

I've always been this way, and now that those police bashers have settled down, I dont feel like a jackass being the one little bitch that dissagrees

Quote by sg255

You're American, so I'll forgive you for not fully comprehending the Daily Mail.

Thanks bro.
I'd never heard of it before today and didn't research it's credibility, so heres my gratitude for the enlightenment, although I don't appreciate the bashing Americans.
-JBSwreckfest
Sounds like they used ample force. Such a story sends jolts down my spine...
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack