Hey everyone, this is my "Starburst" Project done to my Ibanex GRX20.

My Ibanez is 14, going on 15 years old, and i'll let the picture album speak for itself.

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/apocalypse21691/Ibanez%20Project/

I can go into more detail soon, i just wanted to make the thread and see what kind of responses i'd get.

Oh and before i forget..the guitar isn't done yet. I've got a bit more to do to it, and like i said, i'll go into more detail if and when you guys ask questions.
It's different to say the least. For being covered in candy wrappers, it looks pretty cool.

Nice job.
Nice job actually. Hopefully your body handled the massive amounts of insulin needed control the sugar alright
I must know:
How did you eat that many Starburst?
That's a lot!

It's different. But different is always good.
how are you sealing this?
If I were you, to be safe, I'd coat the thing is spray glue, and sand a tiny bit, just to make sure the wrappers will stick.

EDIT: Holy shit, there's also a Warlock bass!
..I was watching my death.
Last edited by timbit2006 at Jun 30, 2010,
Quote by QuestionSleepZ?
It's different to say the least. For being covered in candy wrappers, it looks pretty cool.

Nice job.

Thanks, i just thought to do it one day, and it's turned out nice so far.

Quote by pack4804
wow. nicely done. don't think i would have done the neck though.

Yeah, I've had A LOT of people tell me they wouldn't have done the neck, and i thought about it, but i ended up doing the neck..

Quote by celticstorm84
Nice job actually. Hopefully your body handled the massive amounts of insulin needed control the sugar alright

Haha, I've got an insane metabolism, so i don't need to worry about what i eat and all that for a while anyways..

Quote by timbit2006
I must know:
How did you eat that many Starburst?
That's a lot!

It's different. But different is always good.
how are you sealing this?
If I were you, to be safe, I'd coat the thing is spray glue, and sand a tiny bit, just to make sure the wrappers will stick.

EDIT: Holy shit, there's also a Warlock bass!

Yeah i ate all of them, and i have probably 1,000 more wrappers..lol.
I'm sealing it with the StewMac spray clear-coat, and it's working fine.
There's a couple spots on the back though that i'll go into detail about maybe later,
i'll PS a picture and point out what i'm talking about..

Thanks for your responses guys.
The title is very misleading though
I thought it was going to be a burst, but done so it looks like a star shape.

After a couple off years of use and abuse, that clear-coat is going to wear off of the neck, exposing your wrappers, meaning you'll have to completely redo the neck, with wrappers, 'cause they will be wrinkly by the time you do it.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006
The title is very misleading though
I thought it was going to be a burst, but done so it looks like a star shape.

After a couple off years of use and abuse, that clear-coat is going to wear off of the neck, exposing your wrappers, meaning you'll have to completely redo the neck, with wrappers, 'cause they will be wrinkly by the time you do it.

Yeah, i thought about the clear-coat wearing off, but until then, it'll be fine, i don't have any problem re-doing it, just some time involved in doing so lol..
That's freakin sweet! (pun intended)
Life is about taking risks, as long as the risks aren't too risky.