Page 1 of 2
This might be one of the smarter, most affordable almost reissues Gibson has ever made.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-1950s-Tribute-Electric-Guitar?sku=430789

Too lazy?

Pics:

Gibson Les Paul Studio 1950s Tribute Electric Guitar Features:
Model name: Gibson Les Paul Studio 1950s Tribute Electric Guitar
Model number: LPST50WGCH1
Body style: single-cutaway carved top Les Paul
Top wood: maple
Body wood: mahogany
Finish: worn nitrocellulose lacquer
Headstock Inlay: Gibson Logo
Silkscreen: Gibson Logo + Les Paul Model
Truss Rod: Gibson Adjustable Truss Rod
Truss Rod: Cover Bell-shaped cover, stamped "Studio"
Neck: mahogany
Neck profile: '50s
Neck joint: set
Nut: Corian
Fingerboard: rosewood
Fingerboard inlays: figured acrylic trapezoids
Hardware plating: Chrome
Tuners: Grover Kluson style green keys
Pickups: Gibson P90 with cream covers
Pickup selector: 3-way
Controls: volume, volume, tone, tone
Knobs: cream top hats with silver inserts
Pickguard: cream
Bridge: Tune-o-matic
Tailpiece: stopbar
Case: Gibson deluxe gig bag

Also, this is worth a look...
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Refin-HotMod-1955-Les-Paul-Wraptail-Electric-Guitar?sku=584509
For god's sake.

I don't need this much GAS this suddenly.

Must have goldtop...
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Finally a Studio I give a shit about.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
So whats so good about P 90s??
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666
Banned because your avatar blew my mind.

Damn straight.

WTF!They are great for blues,funk,or rock.John Lennon had a guitar with P90s.
Also the P90 version is much cheaper considering the finishes.
Heritage cherry sunburst on the humbucker one is $1,319
The P90 one is $850
Quote by judecorbin
WTF!They are great for blues,funk,or rock.John Lennon had a guitar with P90s.
Also the P90 version is much cheaper considering the finishes.
Heritage cherry sunburst on the humbucker one is $1,319
The P90 one is $850

I've just never played a guitar with them, I know John Lennon used them, I just wanted to know their tonal capabilities.
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666

Damn straight.
Quote by scrubzyful

Everything.

On a more specific note, they're basically the best of both worlds between humbuckers and single-coils(Almost, they still hum). Balls of a humbucker, clarity of a single-coil.

Quote by necrosis1193
Everything.

On a more specific note, they're basically the best of both worlds between humbuckers and single-coils(Almost, they still hum). Balls of a humbucker, clarity of a single-coil.

Get coil tappable buckers?
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666

Damn straight.
Quote by judecorbin
For only $850

that is interesting. i wonder what they will be in craigslist.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i just creamed. i want. i should have never seen this. now im probably going to go sell myself on the street till i have 850
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
that is interesting. i wonder what they will be in craigslist.

I know! I'm gonna save up for one!
I didn't need any GAS right now, as soon as I see a Black one over here I will buy it.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
they have orange drop tone thingy's

I'm not sure what purpose they serve in a guitar, I thought they were mostly just used in amps as far as guitar gear goes.

Aren;'t the 50's profile necks pretty much bassball bats? If so, that turns me off this guitar..
Quote by scrubzyful
Get coil tappable buckers?

Not the same. Only gives you both extremes, P-90's give you that delicious midground though.

God DAMNIT Gibson. I was JUST ABOUT to buy a MIA strat, and you go and do THIS.

Now I can't decide. This seems TOO GOOD.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Quote by Tedward

Aren;'t the 50's profile necks pretty much bassball bats? If so, that turns me off this guitar..

That's what turns me on about them
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
I wonder how the quality would stand up to a 2010 LP standard.
If there's only a little tonal difference, I might have to invest in one asap.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Last edited by Nimbus456 at Jul 1, 2010,
Quote by Tedward
they have orange drop tone thingy's

I'm not sure what purpose they serve in a guitar, I thought they were mostly just used in amps as far as guitar gear goes.

Just go Jimmy Page on it, sand it to taste.

Quote by necrosis1193
Everything.

hey could p90s handle metal as well as humbuckers? on a side note... do they make p90 buckers (IE Single coil - bucker, p90 - p90 bucker) for a humber tone with TWICE the balls
Eh.
Quote by Himelnator
hey could p90s handle metal as well as humbuckers? on a side note... do they make p90 buckers (IE Single coil - bucker, p90 - p90 bucker) for a humber tone with TWICE the balls

TO the first; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvKjGnApeZE

Just get yourself a noisegate or stand so the hum goes away and you're golden.

To the second; Probably, not sure where though.

Quote by Himelnator

that would actually sound horrendous, more likely than anything, if by that you mean basically 2 P-90s combined in 1 unit. The individual coils within a humbucker don't even have as much "balls" as a regular single coil, and some humbuckers are still boomy and overpowering *cough* epiphone *cough* so if you were to put 2 P-90s together as though they were the coils in a humbucker you'd probably get the muddiest tone in the history of everything.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
so if you were to put 2 P-90s together as though they were the coils in a humbucker you'd probably get the muddiest tone in the history of everything.

Bellamy from Muse has actually done this on a couple of his guitars, but I'm not sure if he uses them both simultaneously.

Quote by Jyrgen
Bellamy from Muse has actually done this on a couple of his guitars, but I'm not sure if he uses them both simultaneously.

he might also run them in parallel.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Holy crap, I've never even looked twice at a Studio before...but these seem...ideal! They look beautiful, have P90's and are cheap...I'm starting to shake.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I saw these before actually.

Want want want want want want want.

All they need to do is re-release the Les Paul Deluxe with the mini humbuckers, and I will die a happy man.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
there are stacked P-90s.

the billy jo armstrong signature jr comes with one. it's basically a stacked bucker.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
holy shit, I'd get one with a nice burst just because they look like a good wall ornament, cheap as hell!!
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
I was planning for a 7 string strat, i needed a new bridge for my S series, new pickups for my Iceman, wanted to buy some cool pedals, maybe switch my amp out... but now you bring out this lovely plain maple top with P-90's... why must you make life so hard
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Oh man, I'm not gonna be able to step in a guitar center for months, or I'll come out with the goldtop...

That thing just jumped to the top of my GAS list. Hopefully it plays as well as it looks.
Quote by beckyjc
Holy shit. I want 12.

Never had GAS for a gibson.

Too bad theyre listed for £800 in the UK.
May aswell just get the SG classic tbh.

Yeah, I discovered that after posting myself. I guess that means in a year or two, they'll be second hand for 4-500, which would be lovely.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
If i was toget one it'd have to be the top or bottom one to be honest not a fan of goldtops or all black guitars.
They look cool. Not a big P-90 person in maple topped les pauls (I love them in Juniors and Specials though).

If I had extra cash lying around, I'd rpobably pick up the gold top.
Quote by judecorbin
For only $850

I can't imagine it'll be the equivalent of $850 over here.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm surprised how popular this got over night

I really hope Guitar Center decides to have this model... or some other shop by my house. That gold top is just amazing. I've never liked a gold top guitar as much as I do on this Studio.

And it's a Gibson LP Studio! Nothing fancy at!

If P90's fit my style of music better, I'd definitely pick one of these up.
Quote by Tedward

Originally, somewhat. Actually, the original Telecasters had thicker necks than the early '50s Gibsons, those were the real "baseball bat" necks. Over the years necks got slimmer and slimmer of course. What Gibson now calls a '50s neck profile is actually much closer to how the necks were in the '60s and what Gibson now calls a '60s neck is actually significantly thinner than a real 1960s Gibson neck.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Page 1 of 2