I play a lot of post hardcore stuff, especially Chiodos. But their guitarists use a Soldano worth about $3750 so that's out of the question. But I dabble in lighter, brighter stuff like U2 as well, and Angels & Airwaves and 30 Seconds to Mars.

I played a Jet City amp the other day and it was good for the ol' power chord rock I was playing, but didn't dabble much else with it. Would it be able to do these sorts of rock? I have a TS9DX by the way.

I won't go higher than $700, and my local craigslist has nothing. It takes 4 seconds to check that.

What should I look for that can nail all these tones?
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by AcousticMirror
jca50 or the 100
do you have a cab already?
if not wait for the 50 combo

Did you even completely read the OP?

And to the OP, what about the 6505+ 112? Aren't they based on Soldanos?
Quote by Meelad360

The 6505 is very very different to a Soldano. It may be based on one but it is ultimately far removed from it. It's a bit like saying Marshalls are like Fenders because the JTM 45 was based on one.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The 6505 is very very different to a Soldano. It may be based on one but it is ultimately far removed from it. It's a bit like saying Marshalls are like Fenders because the JTM 45 was based on one.

Oh haha, my bad
Traynor YCS50 if you can find one. Peavey 6505 112 combo would be good for gain but won't get you that sparkly clean tone, although the cleans are decent. Since you already have a ts9 I recommend a peavey classic 30. That's my setup and it can go from that hardcore drive (with the ts9) to nice sparkly cleans without a problem.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by Meelad360

are you a retard?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Hahaha I know that a 6505+ sounds nothing like a Soldano. Just because an amp has two similar circuits doesn't mean they sound the same.

Anyway, I looked up that Traynor and it blew my mind. Looks like one hell of an amp! Any other recommendations? I want to keep my options open.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
<< i like chiodos
Jason's tone is sick but its too bad that SLO is expensive as balls

go with the line 6 spider
jk, dont, trust me

his tone is a bit different because it has the metal sound but it sounds boosted or something in it, i forgot to ask him about it last week when i talked with him.
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Yeah the Traynor would give you the best bang for your buck, so many features and so versatile.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by AcousticMirror
jca50 or the 100
do you have a cab already?
if not wait for the 50 combo

+1

Those amps are pretty much a poor man's SLO, which is probly the amp that guitarist you're talking about uses.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!