Hey guys. Another suggest-a-guitar thread, i know. Dude i know is looking for his first electric guitar after playing acoustic for about a year and a half. He's looking for a six string solid body electric made for rock or blues style playing in the 200-400 dollar price range. any ideas?
How does he feel about your Epi LP? Has he played it?
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
A decent stratocaster set... they have a wide range of sounds and are usually built pretty well. I started out and still play a Lyon by Washburn strat. great sound, great playability. i give it an 8.5/10 and new with tools, a case, practice amp, tuner, and cable costs about $200 from Amazon or Guitar Center...
Get the ibanez starter pack fri3nd had it it rocked end story
BC Rich NJ Beast transparent red, BC Rich NT beast gloss black,ESP F-100fm, OD-9,MT-2,NS-2,line 6 Spider 2 120

Late Goblin67
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
How about this idea: take your friend to the store so he can find something that he likes.

No one guitar is doomed to play any one genre - you can play any genre on any guitar. Just take him to find one he likes the feel and look of.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Used MIM Strat or Tele, they go for $200 to $300 on craigslist around here, and with a few mods, they'll sound pretty good. Also, a used Epiphone Dot sounds like it would fit his style too.
Check out the Ibanez RG 321. It's versatile and great for the price.
Quote by Offworld92
How about this idea: take your friend to the store so he can find something that he likes.

No one guitar is doomed to play any one genre - you can play any genre on any guitar. Just take him to find one he likes the feel and look of.

i think people take that phrase too seriously. particular guitars have particular sounds and have particular playability. i cannot take my epiphone hollow-body and play metal with it, nor can I take my tele or LP and get the same metal sound that I do out of my ibanez rg. sure you can get by and what amp you have matters most, but the type of guitar you have is extremely important to what style you play. if it wasn't people would play random guitars but they don't and it's not just because of the guitar's look or the current trend.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Its a bit out of his price range, but thats what I would have recommended otherwise.

A les paul studio has the same pickups!
I've been in this same situation so many times.

Used Fender MIM Strat/Tele/Jaguar
Epi G-400/LP
A hell of a lot of Deans

Personally, I'd reccomend the G-400. The build quality is arguably better than Gibsons at the minute. It's very, very easy to play, looks stunning and sounds very tasty, for the price. I've been playing ten years, played one a couple months ago and fell in love. I've spent many thousands on guitars, and now i'm down to the 3/4 perfect axes. And the Epi will be one of them.

Just don't get a ****ing squier.