Scotty Moore
0 0%
Eric Clapton
10 10%
Randy Rhoads
21 21%
Voters: 101.
Page 1 of 2
This is an experiment to find the differences between the general publics idea of a good guitarists, and a real guitarists opinion.
Quote by Kensai
Don't dig up the past, TS. You're not gonna like what you find.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
None of the above.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Sounds a bit cliche, but I personally think Jimi ****ing Hendrix is the best guitarist ever

This.

You always hear it, but it's completely true, IMO.
You're an idiot TS.
There have been countless threads about this in the past, and they all failed just like yours will.

So I guess this means you're a failure TS.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Me, I am numer one
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
To all the people saying who say none of them, just pick the best out of the ones listed, whats the point of even saying that in the first place?
Quote by Kensai
You put up a poll?

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
isnt this like a versus thread?
and wouldnt that be against the rules?
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I think that the numer one guitarist is chuch berry

/obvious spelling mistake sarcasm
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by TheHammer

Which of the Guitarists are Numer One?

Quote by TheHammer
are Numer One?

Quote by TheHammer
Numer

It got to me.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
Last edited by SimplyStrings at Jun 30, 2010,
Actually, I did my grade 8 last week, and at the end the examiner asked me who my favourite guitarist is... I said Jimi Hendrix and he laughed. I didn't really realise until after it was probably because I was wearing a Hendrix T shirt, playing a maple neck white stratocaster, and my free choice piece was Lenny, which is quite similar to Little Wing...
Of the ones listed, I say Tony Iommi.

Simply because he helped shape, and also create, more than one long standing genres of metal, and was a pioneer of down tunings, tone, and effects.

Yes, some of the others on the list were/are influential, but my personal opinion leads toward Iommi, of the ones listed, of course.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by guitarsftw
Lil Wayne and Fred Durst tie for the top spot

Obvious troll is obvious.

Everyone knows Fred Durst is way better than Lil Wayne. Duh!
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by JayT44

/attempt at making chain meme

Anyways, out of the list I'd pick Randy Rhoads, but in my personal opinion, John Petrucci is the best.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Actually, I did my grade 8 last week, and at the end the examiner asked me who my favourite guitarist is... I said Jimi Hendrix and he laughed. I didn't really realise until after it was probably because I was wearing a Hendrix T shirt, playing a maple neck white stratocaster, and my free choice piece was Lenny, which is quite similar to Little Wing...

I think it's complete bullshit that the UK has guitar standardized as a course in their school systems. I realize some US schools do, too, but they sure as hell didn't in my area.
I saw Widespread Panic last weekend for three shows. Jimmy Herring blows them all away, yes, even Eric Clapton. So do Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks. Make a better list to choose from.(where is Pete Townshend on this list?)
Quote by JayT44

Obvious troll is obvious.

Everyone knows Fred Durst is way better than Lil Wayne. Duh!

Dude, Weezy studied under Andres Segovia. And surpassed him after 2 weeks of lessons. lrn2music broseph
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
we demand david gilmour and alex lifeson
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Where's Paul Gilbert?

EDIT:

Quote by Larry Masterson
P.S. Hendrix was great, but he was an asshole too!

How?
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
I thought this thread was going to have some sort of Japanese game show tie-in...
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
To let you all know, I didnt choose these guitarists, and it's about the order that each one comes in that is the purpose of this poll
Quote by Kensai
Quote by TheHammer
To let you all know, I didnt choose these guitarists, and it's about the order that each one comes in that is the purpose of this poll

So it was a trick? Meaning everyone who didn't pick Van Halen essentially got it wrong?
Quote by mattman93
Where's Paul Gilbert?

... and Holdsworth, Garsed, Gambale, Govan, Lane, Helmerich, Herring, Bonamassa, Trucks, and all of the other guitarists that I listen to on a daily basis!? THIS THREAD IS ABOUT ME, DAMMIT!
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Well, given the fact that Clapton is my all time favorite guitar player of all time, I voted him.
But, there are HUNDREDS of guitarists on Earth that simply school everyone on that list. IMO, the best guitar player alive right now is Chris Broderick.
Clapton is god, accept it.
Page 1 of 2