So I found about the Bugera 333xl combo and it was the amp of my dreams but then I heard it breaks down like theres no tomorrow. I really cant afford to take it to a tech constantly and I have gigs every weekend so Im pretty sure its going to break down on me. So im looking for an amp that is a pretty much the same as the 333xl for around the same price. suggestions?
used Peavey XXX/JSX

Bugera had a lot of design problems when they first came out, now they are probably further ahead in the "mass produced in China" game than other brands. The new 333XLs shouldn't break down more than any other amp in the price range.

Those Peaveys I mentioned are made in USA, and are what the 333 series amps actually copied (or what we call "cloned" in the guitar world)
what you're hearing is the first run of that amp. its been around for a little while now, and it was one of the amps the company started out with (its only been around a few years). anyway, the reliability issues have been all but eliminated.

from what i've heard and seen, the newer ones are more reliable than amps twice their cost.
^Bugera has it's factory in Behringer City. Peavey is using whatever one it uses for the VK I assume.

^^Where something is made doesn't necessarily indicate quality. The parts used, design and attention paid does.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Jul 1, 2010,
yeah, we know where its made doesn't mean quality but in this case, they're about equal. i think the bugera amps may actually be a little better than the 6505 112 because i hear of more peaveys coming back for repairs/being DOA than bugeras (from several friends that work in guitar shops around town).
Quote by mmolteratx
^Bugera has it's factory in Behringer City. Peavey is using whatever one it uses for the VK I assume.

^^Where something is made doesn't necessarily indicate quality. The parts used, design and attention paid does.

And stereotypically this coincides with location.

Is there actually a place called Behringer City?