Especially when I pick the guitar up and hold it flat. I don't know if it's got something to do with the pickups or what. It's louder through distortion/overdrive, it sound horrible.
Check your saddles and pickups. It could be either your saddle screws buzzing or the pickup screws or even fret buzz. Make sure everything is tight. If it's your saddle screws, tighten them up just a tad and put some clear nail polish on them to prevent them from "self adjusting". It could also be the pickguard. I know that sounds weird, but try holding it down next time you play.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander
Check your saddles and pickups. It could be either your saddle screws buzzing or the pickup screws or even fret buzz. Make sure everything is tight. If it's your saddle screws, tighten them up just a tad and put some clear nail polish on them to prevent them from "self adjusting". It could also be the pickguard. I know that sounds weird, but try holding it down next time you play.

are you sure this is the problem?

TS before you go adjusting anything, is it an electrical buzzing sound like a constant hum or something that happens when you play the strings that you hear whether it's plugged in or not?
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
It might just be the regular single coil hum. Nothing you can do about that I'm afraid.
Quote by Captain Panda
It might just be the regular single coil hum. Nothing you can do about that I'm afraid.

+1 That's what I thought too when I read his post.
Is the guitar shielded/grounded? Single coils might be the problem.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
It sounds like something electrical, but I've looked inside and there isn't a wire loose. Do single coils buzz when you pick the guitar up like that? I think the hum I get with distortion and overdrive is probably just the single coil issue, but I'm just not sure about that buzzing sound.
Have you eliminated the obvious?

- Test with different cables
- Test the amp with a different outlet, somewhere else in the house
- Try a different guitar to see if that buzzes too
- Touch your fingers on a metal part of the guitar. Does the buzz drop off?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
Have you eliminated the obvious?

- Test with different cables
- Test the amp with a different outlet, somewhere else in the house
- Try a different guitar to see if that buzzes too
- Touch your fingers on a metal part of the guitar. Does the buzz drop off?

How does your tele sound through your Big Muff?
I'm thinking either the pickups aren't grounded properly, or maybe one of the wires is coming off the jack, maybe not entirely - but even the slightest lack of connection can cause a buzz.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by CoochieKicker
It sounds like something electrical, but I've looked inside and there isn't a wire loose. Do single coils buzz when you pick the guitar up like that? I think the hum I get with distortion and overdrive is probably just the single coil issue, but I'm just not sure about that buzzing sound.

if by "like that" you mean holding the guitar so the front of the guitar is pointing upwards, it probably would make it buzz if you're pointing the pickups towards a light on the ceilling or something, especially if you have those strip lights in your house. I had a squier tele (Well, i've still got it, actually) that used to buzz like hell whenever I used it in the college recording studios because of the type of lights they had in the room.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
if by "like that" you mean holding the guitar so the front of the guitar is pointing upwards, it probably would make it buzz if you're pointing the pickups towards a light on the ceilling or something, especially if you have those strip lights in your house. I had a squier tele (Well, i've still got it, actually) that used to buzz like hell whenever I used it in the college recording studios because of the type of lights they had in the room.

Yeah when the pick ups are pointing at the ceiling it buzzes louder.
Quote by CoochieKicker
How does your tele sound through your Big Muff?

Excellent. By using an EQ pedal to eliminate the Muff's mid scoop it's a much more useable fuzz. Then, by using the Tele, it adds a lot more clarity and attack in the tone. I find that it sounds rubbish if you use a humbucker with it, but the twangy Tele bridge sounds great. Perfect combo, IMO.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay