Short-and-sweet; Just finished replacing the strings on my tele. Same gauge, same brand, same everything, no change in action, yet these feel much looser, which I hate as I like a nice, rigid string I can thwack hard. Is this just a dud set or are there variances between even the same sets of strings from the same brands?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
is ur intonation still good?

Cuase if it's the EXACT same brand and gague and everything... it shouldn't make a difference.
So you've either changed summin on ur guitar whilst string changing... or have misread the packet.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
What brand do you use?
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass
What brand do you use?

.11 GHS Boomers. The ones that come in the black Ernie Ball-esque packaging with an image of a flash of light behind the brandname and a shine around the letters.

Fresh strings always feel more loose and bendy to me.
Nonetheless, check your guitar for everything that's different from before.
If absolutely nothing has changed except for the strings, just give 'em some time.

Just for the record, how long have the old strings been on there?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Nonetheless, check your guitar for everything that's different from before.
If absolutely nothing has changed except for the strings, just give 'em some time.

Just for the record, how long have the old strings been on there?

I think about two or three months. I change strings every three months as a rule regardless, but these snapped, so I replaced them a little early.

Worst case scenario - You replaced the strings and your neck got warped.

Best case scenario - Your strings haven't set or your guitar has a tremolo and the springs are looser.

Query- Is the temperature/humidity around your guitar different than usual?
Statement - I'm guessing your old strings were nickel plated and the new ones just haven't "hardened"
Quote by Bovaiveu
Worst case scenario - You replaced the strings and your neck got warped.

Here's hoping not, the neck is one of my favourite parts of this thing.

Best case scenario - Your strings haven't set or your guitar has a tremolo and the springs are looser.

I could see the prior being the case. Hardtail though, so no chance of the latter.

Query- Is the temperature/humidity around your guitar different than usual?

Well, generally I've kept it in my room on the second floor, but due to cleaning the entire second floor this past few weeks, I moved it down to the basement, so that may have effected it, but I doubt it.

Statement - I'm guessing your old strings were nickel plated and the new ones just haven't "hardened"

Aye, nickel-plated roundwound, so that's likely the case.

Thanks for the different opinions on what it probably is guys, hopefully it's just the strings needing to wear in and it'll feel right as rain again in a week or two.

Quote by PsiGuy60

Because they are. There's an initial springiness that disappears with time when the string is under tension.