Right, so to get right to the point, I need help finding a tone -- or at least a general tone structure -- that works for both rhythm and lead playing, since i'm the only guitarist in my band. We are a rock band, with some punk feel to some stuff, heavily influenced by AFI.

In case I used the wrong termonology, what I mean by "tone structure" is you can say something like "middle bass, boosted mids, cut highs", etc. instead of giving specific EQ settings.

Also, just FYI, I have a shitty amp, and my pedals arent top notch. My EQ pedal is probably the best thing in my whole rig, but I am working on upgrading everything, slowly but surely.

Furthermore, I plan to have the EQ on my amp set all to 12 O'Clock / 5, to just get a straight up sound there, use one of the distortion pedals for the distorted tone, and use the EQ to shape my clean tone.

So just recommend a "structure" for the Distortion pedal (EHX MM) and then one for the EQ pedal (MXR Ten Band). Thanks.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

Sorry but how could we recommend you even general settings when you have your ears and all the equipment to tinker with? You even seem to have a conception about how to use the amp/effects, so I don't quite get what holds you back from actually reaching for those knobs and turn them how you like it.
The fact that I didn't play for like 6 months, and that I've now lost my touch -- and ear -- for getting good tones is rusty now, and because i've been experimenting for hours and i'm about ready to take a long jump.

...Frankly.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

Things like boosted mids or cut highs are meaningless without knowing the gear you have and even having it right in front of you. Boosting mids on one amp may sound the same as another amp with mids on low or at 12 o clock. Same with brightness. There is nothing that we can really suggest, its really just up to you to tweak to taste. You don't just "lose" your ear for good tone. No one else is going to be able to tell you what sounds good.