Well I've been seeing some cheap Washburn D6S guitars for sale online and was wondering whether or not the price was for real for a solid top. I googled D6S and nothing came up except websites about how the guitar was on sale a few months or so ago for even cheaper. I couldn't find it on this site or the archives so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with them and why they seem neglected and without reviews but so cheaply priced.
how much is it going for?
Edit: nevermind i found it, i have yet to play a washburn acoustic but i have a yamaha FG700s which is in the same price range with the same building materials and it is an excellent guitar considering i got it ever-so-slightly-used for 129USD, it was in such good condition for being used it was labelled "new" by the store. Although the Washburn has a mahogany body and my yamaha has a nato body(basically the same as mahogany but it is a different wood) I'd say the washburn would be decent so if thats what you want go for it.

By the way try before you buy if you can, and look for deals on it used because by the time it shows up in a store used they're almost broken in so they play and sound better.
Last edited by tukk04 at Jul 1, 2010,
Alright thank you maybe I'll look into the Yamaha. I'm just worried since this Washburn has so little review information and seems to be always on sale or clearance.
I don't know if I've played that exact one, but it's probably for real. Washburn makes some pretty nice guitars -- I've liked all the ones I've tried, anyway.
The washburn is on sale right now for $99. I'm thinking about getting the yamaha fg700s for $200, but the washburn sale is making me think twice. any opinions on whether i should get the washburn d6s for $99, or the yamaha fg700s for $200? they're both solid tops, btw.
...or should i get the yamaha fg700s used, for less than $200, since solid tops sound better as they age?
Last edited by sincerelyydavid at Jul 12, 2010,
I'd get the Yamaha, if you can find one used byall means by it.
You may also check out the Recording King RD06, a very nice guitar for about $240-$260 depending where you buy.
Quote by Silent_Crow13
I'd get the Yamaha, if you can find one used byall means by it.
You may also check out the Recording King RD06, a very nice guitar for about $240-$260 depending where you buy.

is the yamaha really worth the extra $100? i would save the extra $100 and get the washburn if the yamaha is not all that better than the washburn.