Ok so far i have a vintage vs6 and its not the best it runs through my line 6 spider iv
And i need a new guitar that can handle fast shredding and metal easily I have about £290-350 to spend im looking for a ibanez or a jackson they would be best and i would like it to be in the shape of a strat i know theres plent out there but still i want to know the best for my money thnks
Well, u said it- ibanez or jackson. go out and play a bunch of different guitars in ur price range. dont just limit yourself to ibanez and jackson but those should b at the top of ur list
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by slipknot_420
Imo you should get a better amp before you get a better guitar.

I agree, i started on the VS6 and then bought an Ibanez RG, once i had the RG i realised my amp wasnt up to scratch, got a Blackstar HT-5 and now even the VS6 sounds good through it.
ESP LTD EC-401 White - EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG420CM

Blackstar HT-5

Artec Classic Fuzztown
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff
Quote by chef solo

take those things. quick.

and i'm going to vote new amp as well.
cost =/= quality or tone
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by chef solo
****ing hell the line 6 spider iv 75 watt is bloody amazing

Pretty sure a whole thread of guys telling you it's shit, should indicate that it's closer to shit than it is good. I've never played one, but the general consensus on Line 6 Spiders, regardless of wattage, model or anything else, is that they are utter crap. And most people will tell you, your tone is around about just as reliant on your amp as it is on your guitar.
Last edited by Ali-b912 at Jul 1, 2010,
Quote by chef solo

a lot of people agree. they have sold a ton of them over the years.

but i personally think that for what you want to achieve, an amp would be a bigger jump to that end than a guitar.
Quote by chef solo

Yeah its amazing
Really the people here on the forum are all people who started out with a line 6 spider 2-3 15 watt (which is crap), and for some reason there is HUUUGE hate against it.

The spider IV 75 watt and up are AMAZING, you can get all tones perfectly (BEDROOM VOLUME)

See what i did there? BEDROOM VOLUME, if you crank it you lose tone, but if your playing at home practicing the 75 watt is amazing.

Really guys stop all the freaking hate against the spider IV's 75 watt and up.
Quote by Viter
Yeah its amazing
Really the people here on the forum are all people who started out with a line 6 spider 2-3 15 watt (which is crap), and for some reason there is HUUUGE hate against it.

The spider IV 75 watt and up are AMAZING, you can get all tones perfectly (BEDROOM VOLUME)

See what i did there? BEDROOM VOLUME, if you crank it you lose tone, but if your playing at home practicing the 75 watt is amazing.

Or you could spend your money on something better. 75 watts for bedroom volume is like putting a V8 engine into a Mini.
Quote by Ali-b912
Or you could spend your money on something better. 75 watts for bedroom volume is like putting a V8 engine into a Mini.

yeah but its still amazing
And you can crank it and still get a decent tone
Quote by Viter
Yeah its amazing

actually the other way around.

the 15 - 30 watt is better for home practice, but useless for pretty much anything else.

at the 75 and up range, there just exist better amps for the price, for most genres of music. better in that as you turn them up they only sound better, yet still sound decent at lower levels.

but in the end it is all preference. if you like it great, then get the guitar and keep the amp. you asked for opinions here on your situation by creating the thread, that's mine.
Get a new amp. I know a guy who plays two expensive guitars - a metal axe and a semihollow - through a Spider IV and sounds like shit. Both of those guitars sound the same through it too.
Quote by gregs1020
actually the other way around.

the 15 - 30 watt is better for home practice, but useless for pretty much anything else.

at the 75 and up range, there just exist better amps for the price, for most genres of music. better in that as you turn them up they only sound better, yet still sound decent at lower levels.

but in the end it is all preference. if you like it great, then get the guitar and keep the amp. you asked for opinions here on your situation by creating the thread, that's mine.

yeah your right its all opinion
but he's asking for a new guitar NOT an amp
i reckon a more shred-influenced guitar wouldn't be a bad idea. what's the radius on your vintage and is it routed for a bridge humbucker? assuming the radius isn't 7.25" and it has 22 frets and is routed for a bridge humbucker, then you could just get a bridge humbucker and get a new amp. But if it's a very vintage-orientated strat, then a new guitar is the way to go, if you ask me, even if you have a spider.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Viter
Yeah its amazing
if you crank it you lose tone

Quote by Viter
yeah but its still amazing
And you can crank it and still get a decent tone

Are you on drugs?

Also I never owned a Spider II or III. I played a Spider III stack in a store and it was decent at best, after about half an hour of tweaking, and nearly put me off buying my RR5.

When I went looking for an amp, I played nearly the whole Spider III line and was disappointed time and time again. I played Peavey Vypyr 30 and it was decent from the word go. The 100 watt version was great for the price I paid, and gets the same tone at bedroom volume as it does all the way up. The Vypyrs are buggy as shit, and I'm replacing mine ASAP, but the Spiders never tonally held a candle to the Vypyr in my opinion. Everything a spider puts out sounds like the typical nu-metal 'I WANNA BE A RECTIFIER' tone which most kids love until they get bored of korn.
Quote by JD2k9
One word - Vypyr.

it's the same thing as a spider IV, now he wants a new guitar, not a new amp that's like his old amp.
Quote by Viter
it's the same thing as a spider IV, now he wants a new guitar, not a new amp that's like his old amp.

They're really different. They're both modelling amps, but beyond that they're very different in the way they work.
Quote by gregs1020

Quote by Viter
yeah your right its all opinion
but he's asking for a new guitar NOT an amp

did you read my post?