Ok so here's the deal, I've been looking for a new 7string and I originally wanted an Ibanez RG127 but I recently found out that the Rg1527 now comes with an edge-zero tremolo.

The RG1527 with the 'older' edge pro 7 tremolo is on sale for 700 euros (usually they cost around 900 euros but it's a special offer) in a guitar store close to my town. The RG1527 edge zero-7 tremolo is 935 euros.

Which one should I pick? Is the edge-zero 7 better than the edge-pro? Is it really worth the extra 200 euros?

thanks in advance,
StagDSV
Guitars:
Charvel So-Cal
Ibanez RG1527
ESP LTD Stephen Carpenter 607b
BC Rich Warlock Bronze
personal preference..this is going to start a whole new argument now,so I suggest that you buy what feels best to you

both are equally good IMHO
Quote by archenemyfan
personal preference..this is going to start a whole new argument now,so I suggest that you buy what feels best to you

both are equally good IMHO

well I'd go for the RG1527z...if they were the same price. I mean I've a lot of good news about the RG1527 and it's not often I see it for only 700 euros so It's just really tempting to go for the RG1527 with the edge pr-7 trem
Guitars:
Charvel So-Cal
Ibanez RG1527
BC Rich Warlock Bronze
Quote by StagDSV
well I'd go for the RG1527z...if they were the same price. I mean I've a lot of good news about the RG1527 and it's not often I see it for only 700 euros so It's just really tempting to go for the RG1527 with the edge pr-7 trem

oh,I didnt see that..200 cheaper? definitely the RG1527....

but then why would you go for the 1527z if they were the same price?do you like it more than the EP?
Quote by archenemyfan
oh,I didnt see that..200 cheaper? definitely the RG1527....

but then why would you go for the 1527z if they were the same price?do you like it more than the EP?

Well truth is I haven't really got any experience with edge-zero tremolo's so I was just wondering if they are heaps better than an Edge-pro. I have some experience with the Edge-pro and I liked it a lot so I think I'm going for the RG1527. Even if the RG1527z is better, 700 euros for a brand-new RG1527 is a steal (at least where I live)
Guitars:
Charvel So-Cal
Ibanez RG1527
BC Rich Warlock Bronze
Quote by StagDSV
Well truth is I haven't really got any experience with edge-zero tremolo's so I was just wondering if they are heaps better than an Edge-pro. I have some experience with the Edge-pro and I liked it a lot so I think I'm going for the RG1527. Even if the RG1527z is better, 700 euros for a brand-new RG1527 is a steal (at least where I live)

the edge zero is NOT in anyway better than the egde pro,both have their ups and downs

I personally prefer the edge pro for a few reason though..
Quote by archenemyfan
the edge zero is NOT in anyway better than the egde pro,both have their ups and downs

you mind sharing those reasons with me?
Guitars:
Charvel So-Cal
Ibanez RG1527
BC Rich Warlock Bronze
Quote by archenemyfan
well its gonna create a bug argument as i said before..I'll PM if you wanna know them

Sure I'd appreciate that!
Guitars:
Charvel So-Cal
Ibanez RG1527
BC Rich Warlock Bronze
Quote by archenemyfan

You mean they go up and down, Those are two of the best you can get on a guitar.
Quote by sstony
You mean they go up and down, Those are two of the best you can get on a guitar.

Doesnt meant they're perfect. There are some problems with both.
IMO the 1527 is a much better deal, I wouldn't pay 200 extra for the Edge Zero. Plus you can do a Piezo mod on the Edge Pro with no mods at all if you want some more versatility from the guitar.