my brother bought a prosound 1000 power amplifier off a friend with a numark mixer (has a usb cable). i'm wondering if this would be any use for recording? could i plug an instrument into the line in then connect the mixer to my mac and record? im not sure what the power amplifier does but it has 2 XLR inputs, 2 1/4 inch input jacks, 2 XLR outputs (they are compatible with 1/4 inch jacks) and a bridge (dunno what that is)

would this be any use for recording or would i still have to buy and audio interface? i'm pretty confused so any help would be cool
if the mixer has a USB out, it should be fine...
But i wouldn't think that the mixer could do simultaneous recording, i think it'll mix it down to stereo and then send it...

But why not just plug straight into the mixer?

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
thanks. yeah the mixer is numark omni control.

apparently it has a built in interface, would it work with a mac? can i record instruments from there?

it only has a 1/4 jack input and no XLR inputs but the power amp does. could i hook the power amp up to use mics?
Quote by n to the k
thanks. yeah the mixer is numark omni control.

apparently it has a built in interface, would it work with a mac? can i record instruments from there?

it only has a 1/4 jack input and no XLR inputs but the power amp does. could i hook the power amp up to use mics?

I may be wrong, but I thought the only thing you should connect power amps to are speakers? Surely if you ran a power amp in to an interface or a mixer it would damage it? I wouldn't do it till you get some certain advice anyway.