So I'm going to be importing a bunch of cd's into my iTunes in a few days. Does anybody know what settings I should use to rip them? Should I go with 128/320 kbps AAC, Lossless, or something else? I'm looking for the setting which gives the highest quality sound. Hard drive space is not an issue.
For higher quality you will want to use a lossless compression format. FLAC for example.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
FLAC if hard drive space isn't an issue.

Otherwise LAME MP3 VBR averaging around 220kbps should do fine. OGG is also good.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

If space is no issue go lossless, if you're wanting good audio quality and have some limits on space, go with a high quality (256kpbs+) AAC or MP3, if space is a serious restriction and you don't have decent speakers/headphones anyway, go with low quality (128-200kpbs) AAC or MP3. AAC tends to be better than MP3 but isn't as widely supported. Ogg Vorbis is better than both, but very few portable media players support it.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I really paid any attention to this sort of thing.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.