I have had a Blackstar HT-5 combo for probably about 4 months now and until now it has been working and sounding fine, however when playing it the last few days something just didn't sound right. The clean channel seems to be fine, but when playing distorted the notes don't seem quite as clear, they seem very slightly muddy, also when unplugging my cable with the amp still on I hear this faint humming noise cutting in and out. I've checked my cables and they are fine, is it to do with the tubes? I've only had it 4 months and haven't played it that much so that would be strange. I don't have much knowledge about tube amps so any help would be appreciated
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Blown or Microphonic tubes. For blown, replace them. Microphonic? Tap the tubes one by one with something like a wooden spatula or chopstick. If it rings like a bell it's monophonic.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
I'm not sure its a tube since you said you clean is fine, but check them anyway.

What it sounds like is a power or ground issue, and you may just not notice it on the clean channel. But it doesn't sound very pronounced at this point so it's a little harder to figure out what it is.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Hmm, I'm not sure yet. I'll have a look at the tubes, and then if it isn't them i'll probably take it to a tech, thanks for the help guys
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm