Page 1 of 2
I'm in China for a couple of weeks and want to check FB, which is blocked. Can anyone tell me how to get around it? I googled it but solutions are banned too. I'm on OSX by the way. Thanksssss.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Send a letter to a friend at home asking to check it for you. Make sure you don't move for about two weeks so you are sure to receive the letter back.
Try a proxy website like vtunnel.com or fojax.com?
Last edited by josh999x at Jul 1, 2010,
Just don't dude, You can surely live without it for a couple of weeks. My dad was in prison in china for a week before the embassy could get him out. Reportadly, it was hell.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Get to North Korea.

Oh wait.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Gakbez
Just don't dude, You can surely live without it for a couple of weeks. My dad was in prison in china for a week before the embassy could get him out. Reportadly, it was hell.

I would rather be tortured than be without Facebook, which is the worst torture there is.

Nawwww, but still...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I guess you can try a proxy or just be without facebook for 2 weeks
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I just Google "Elephant penis", and was strangely aroused.

Apparently, I'm a good shitter

Quote by TomusAM
jonne.i just took the best dump I ever seen
You could buy some sort of quiz book full of inane trivia, and sit in your room skimming it for non-existent references to yourself, while trying to convince yourself you're being social.

That was what it was like when I used Facebook, anyway.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Xiaoxi
I would rather be tortured than be without Facebook, which is the worst torture there is.

Nawwww, but still...

I was in China for a month earlier this year and I can tell you, there's no way around it. Also, you can't search for Tian'anmen Square Massacre on Wikipedia but you can get the article on Chairman Mao.
Before opening the thread, I read your username & the thread title and thought that you were a Chinese guy asking the Pit for halp about using Facebook in China.
you're on vacation i'm assuming so why are you on facebook???
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
ok dude. i live in shanghai. all of my friends use this thing called "skydur"
there is a full version u could use to access all blocked sites but u have to pay for it.
there is also a trial version that lets u go on only facebook.

http://www.skydurvpn.com/

your welcome
Quote by bass-man9712
you're on vacation i'm assuming so why are you on facebook???

You're a moron.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by theflyingapple
ok dude. i live in shanghai. all of my friends use this thing called "skydur"
there is a full version u could use to access all blocked sites but u have to pay for it.
there is also a trial version that lets u go on only facebook.

http://www.skydurvpn.com/

your welcome

Hey, that's where I am right now. Checking out the World Expo. Shanghai is so awesome at night.

I'm gonna try this out right now. I was trying the proxies but there's a problem with loading on Facebook security.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Kevy Absolution
You're a moron.

You're exactly right. Everybody travels the world just to go on Facebook at various locations. Hell, how did mankind survive before the advent of Facebook?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
Hell, how did mankind survive before the advent of Facebook?

I know, right??!!

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
did it work?
oh and did u already go check out the pavilions and stuff? if u did, which ones do u recommend? i was planning on checking em out sooner or later.

chinese nightlife is amazing.. no one i tell abroad understands haha
situations like this show just how badly weve become addicted to the internet :/
NOPE
Quote by whalepudding
You could buy some sort of quiz book full of inane trivia, and sit in your room skimming it for non-existent references to yourself, while trying to convince yourself you're being social.

That was what it was like when I used Facebook, anyway.

Would sig if it wasn't for the character limit
Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.
Quote by theflyingapple
did it work?
oh and did u already go check out the pavilions and stuff? if u did, which ones do u recommend? i was planning on checking em out sooner or later.

chinese nightlife is amazing.. no one i tell abroad understands haha

I just got here today. It didn't work though. I got stuck on the registration when it asked me to select a plan, yet there was no plan... awesome.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Donkey Puncher
You're in China... Why would you care about facebook?

Um well it's 11pm and I'm tired and just chilling. What's wrong with wanting to check FB...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Kevy Absolution
You're a moron.

right... i'm a moron because if i went to a different country i wouldn't waste time updating facebook rather than do stuff

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by bass-man9712
right... i'm a moron because if i went to a different country i wouldn't waste time updating facebook rather than do stuff

Let's see how much shit you wanna do after a 21 hour flight.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
so why exactly does china block all these sites, crazy communists...

Mein herz schlagt Schwarz Rot und Gold
Quote by ~MeTaL~
so why exactly does china block all these sites, crazy communists...

Because a while ago, an ethnic minority started rioting and the government didn't want to deal with people bitching about it on Facebook or MySpace or YouTube.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by flame843
personally i'd want to sleep

but not too soon to contribute to jetlag

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Let's see how much shit you wanna do after a 21 hour flight.

umm sleep comes to mind, not facebook

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by metacarpi
You're exactly right. Everybody travels the world just to go on Facebook at various locations. Hell, how did mankind survive before the advent of Facebook?

It's not like he wants to sit in his hotel room all day browsing Facebook. He's just trying to get a simple convenience. Sure, he could do without it, but we can do without a lot of things. If he asked for help getting a bag of Reeses Pieces, you wouldn't say "come on, you're in China, why waste all your time eating candy".

I don't see why wanting to spend like 5 minutes catching up and socializing with friends is such a terrible thing.
I went to China a few months back for a study trip and I befriended a few Chinese people. There is a way to bypass the block. My Chinese friends gave me a software...I forgot what it's called but I could access Facebook and stuff through it. You should ask the locals there for help. They'd know what to do.
Baby, can you dig your man?
He's a righteous man,
Baby, can you dig your man?

- Larry Underwood
Are you not aware of the millions of notifications that would haunt him if he doesn't check facebook?
Rig:
Ibanez RG270
Crate BV-120
Quote by Bearded_Seth
That's probably one of the most insightful things I've ever read in the Pit.
Grats, TS

Bastard Chain UG profile - Here
Probably too late for this, but I guess you could ask a friend you trust to do it. Set your e-mail preferences to send you updates about everything. That would drive me nuts, but you'll get all the info you could need. Also you might try using one of those apps that updates to a bunch of different social networks, though it may be any connection to the site that gets blocked through China's servers. SHEdit: And use the text messaging setup to update your own status/comment on others.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Jul 1, 2010,
Quote by Matt_Malmsteen
I was in China for a month earlier this year and I can tell you, there's no way around it. Also, you can't search for Tian'anmen Square Massacre on Wikipedia but you can get the article on Chairman Mao.

Oh communist nations, I completely understand why so many people think communism is such a good thing, it's totally better than capitalism .

Sorry, that was completely off topic, TS, DO NOT try to access Facebook in China, either they will imprison you, or execute you, they take this shit seriously, and they don't care if your from another nation. They kill there own citizens if they are caught with the bible, I mean, really, is it worth your life just to check your precious Facebook. It's a stupid ****ing web site.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Oh communist nations, I completely understand why so many people think communism is such a good thing, it's totally better than capitalism .

The economic system has nothing to do with it.............................

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Page 1 of 2