Hey UG
I use POD Farm and i would like some advice on how to use the 4 band parametric EQ or other components to remove the fizz from behind high gain amps when boosted, without losing brightness. Its really annoying me at the moment and i have no idea where to start.
Could you please tell me what i should do to remove the horrible fizz from behind the sound.
Thanks very much all
PS - I'll try record some examples

EDIT: Example on my profile http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/richyt93/
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Last edited by richyt93 at Jul 1, 2010,
Most of the fizz lies at 9-11k, maybe even 12k. IMO.

Try -1 to -3 DB at 9-12k and see what happens. Not too much, or you loose presence.
Re-record and turn down the gain?

It's always better to re-record and get the sound you want rather than try to salvage something that isn't really there.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Oops.... caught me snoozing. Of course.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Fizz really needs to be fixed at the source, as it's a problem that can stretch out anywhere from about 2kHz upwards and is difficult, if not impossible, to get rid of with corrective EQ.

lowering the gain on the amp is the first thing to try, but also re-balancing the gain versus the treble and presence controls.

after that, narrow EQ notches at particularly problematic frequencies will help to get rid of whats left.