Hi all,

My first post in a while. Im thinking of getting a new amp, my specifications are

- Around 50w
- All valve
- Great distortion channel
- Aimed at playing Classic Rock
- under £500
- Combo

I know of some Marshall amps, but they are a bit expensive, so I would like to know if there's anything else that would suit what I want, that isnt a Marshall, to help me get a broader view of whats good out there.

Thanks
you can get the marshall Haze, which is probably the cheapest tubed marshall there is, but i chose the Orange Tiny Terror over it cause the distortion is much better, only one channel though
lol line6 XD
you could try a Bugera, though i've heard some horror stories about them. also Marshall Haze dont sound THAT bad, i'd actually own one if i had the cash
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
what do you mean by classic rock?

do you need multiple channels?

do you need pristine cleans at gig volume?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A lot of this depends on what you mean by classic rock tone.

I think the most common classic rock tone that most people end up referring to is that Zeppelin, Allman Brothers, Free, Cream, Hendrix tone that was just Marshall plexi heads pumping out loud rock into 4x12s. In that case, look at something like a JCA20 or JCA50.
take a look at the Kustom coupe series. I own the 1x12 36' and in my opinion, it is a killer amp for anything from blues to moderate hard rock. It has crystal clear cleans and awesome rock n' roll distortion. Don't let the 36' watts fool you either, it's a fu$king loud amp.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
^ it's nice but it's very expensive here in the UK. I suspect it'd be way over budget.

^^ i was thinking of the 18 watter if he doesn't need bells and whistles, or headroom (lol).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ it's nice but it's very expensive here in the UK. I suspect it'd be way over budget.

^^ i was thinking of the 18 watter if he doesn't need bells and whistles, or headroom (lol).

That's true. I never thought about the price difference.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
worth keeping an eye out, occasionally you see a good deal, of course.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Laney VC30, used orange rocker 30/new thunder 30/Tiny Terror/Dual Terror, Hayden MoFo, 18 watt clone, Jet City JCA, Marshall DSL401. As mentioned what bands best sum up your sound and do you need clean cleans at high volumes?
Quote by Azertiosa
A big line 6 spider

No...just no I hope you were kidding.

1. Orange tiny terror
2. Peavey windsor
3. Peavey valveking
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Bugera V55
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
Peavey Classic 50
Orange Dual Terror

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees