I am really undecided on which guitar I should get. The ESP is about $700 more expensive, but is it worth it? Am I really going to notice a difference between the ESP and the LTD? Like tone, and quality wise. You think I should spend the extra cash for the ESP?
There isn't really a way for me to try these out, so that's why I'm asking you guys.
Well, its the construction of the guitar really. The ESP would be made in Japan and the LTD, however would be made in Korea. The Parts and hardware are prety much the same anyway.

Bottom Line is if youre on a budget, go for the LTD.

Thats my 2 cents.
Last edited by guitaristren at Jul 1, 2010,
hardware not the same

the EMG pickups may make the 2 guitars sound very similar so tonally they should be similar

i think the EC1k has locking hardware where as a eclipse does not.

24 frets to 22 frets too...

ESP just is cooler tho...$700 to be cool...if money was no object i'd do it (but get a horizon III)
Quote by iampeter
hardware not the same

the EMG pickups may make the 2 guitars sound very similar so tonally they should be similar

ESP just is cooler tho...$700 to be cool...if money was no object i'd do it (but get a horizon III)

Bahaha

H-III's are sex.

In all seriousness there was a thread a long time ago about these guitars.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1269823&highlight=ESP+eclipse+vs+LTD+EC-1000

There.

Take a looksee and determine if the ESP is for you.
Quote by iampeter
hardware not the same

my bad... i just glimsped/scanned through the website quickly.
I stand corrected.