Hi so im considering quite a few different relatively high priced axes currently and i was wondering about Tom Anderson. Now if i did get one it wouldn't be one of the UBER ones just a baby due to my budget (think my max is going to be somewhere near £2250). i play a lot of different styles but mostly high gain shred/rock/metal.

the other guitars i'm considering are an EBMM JP6 and a PRS Custom 24 (maybe a McCarty??)

any advice is always much appreciated, thanks in advance!!!!
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by archenemyfan

yeah those links don't work on my comp for some reason, what guitars are they??
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by shredftw
yeah those links don't work on my comp for some reason, what guitars are they??

suhr's
more specifically a

Suhr Standard w/Quilt Maple Top Trans Blue HSH MN

Suhr Standard Fireburst w/Extreme Flame Top Pau Ferro Board SSH

Suhr Pro Series M2 Floyd Rose Charcoal Web MN

(sorry for the double post )
Charvel does nice guitars for shredding, so do Carvin and Suhr.

I'd take a look at PRS, as you mentioned already. They have a very clear tone, which is good for high speed guitar playing.
ah right, thanks i'll have a look into those any UK Suhr dealers where i could play them at??

oh and btw the JPX is out of my price range even though it is stunning
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
i haven't tried any andersons. if you have that kind of budget and are looking at superstrats, also check out suhr, tyler, vigier, lag, etc. etc. etc. EDIT: guitar guitar would be a good place to check out a load of those. soundsgreat maybe. oxford guitar gallery has some other stuff like melancon etc. too. Just basically hit as many high-end shops as you can and try as many different brands as you can, even (perhaps especially) if you haven't heard of them. Most of the really awesome stuff is small shop, and relatively unknown.

Obviously phone or email to make sure they have stock before making a journey.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 1, 2010,
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried any andersons. if you have that kind of budget and are looking at superstrats, also check out suhr, tyler, vigier, lag, etc. etc. etc. EDIT: guitar guitar would be a good place to check out a load of those. soundsgreat maybe. oxford guitar gallery has some other stuff like melancon etc. too. Just basically hit as many high-end shops as you can and try as many different brands as you can, even (perhaps especially) if you haven't heard of them. Most of the really awesome stuff is small shop, and relatively unknown.

Obviously phone or email to make sure they have stock before making a journey.

ok thanks, oxford isn't too far away from me so sounds good!!! thanks for the help as always guys, hopefully you'll see a NGD pretty soon!!!
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
just check that they stock anderson, lol. i was on their site last night, they stock a lot of high-end brands, but i can't remember if they stock anderson. Check their website, they have a list of stock on it (but obviously ring or email to make sure it's in stock before making any journey).

EDIT: depending on where you are, machinehead might be worth a trip, too, in hitchin. it also stocks a lot of high-end brands. Maybe also consider coda, andertons etc. Again, phone/email before making a trip.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
can't go wrong with an anderson. don't settle for a stock one though if you're gonna buy a new one.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer