Hi, i play in a thrash metal/hardcore band and after the holidays we're going to start gigging - now, as a lead guitarist what am i looking to supply? (if we're a supporting band) I know i'm bringing pedals/leads/guitar but what happens with amps, i've been told i need to supply a head? which I don't have the money to buy at the moment!
Thanks
why dont you already have one? bring a big ass combo if its all you got. if you dont, start askin around and see if you can borrow a head
Where would i be able to rent one? I got told studio's only rent out cabs and IF there's a head it won't be fit for the job? :/
buy one used, get a line six spider III or IV
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quote by ooblueoo
Where would i be able to rent one? I got told studio's only rent out cabs and IF there's a head it won't be fit for the job? :/

Well, around there is a bunch of guitar shop that have a rental service, but I don't live where you live so I can't help any further sorry.
Well what are you using now? Just use that and forget this head and cab business. Always good to just have your own equipment. Especially amp. Some dudes in other bands may be chill as hell and let ya borrow their rigs, but more often than not...thats not the case. Borrowing a cab, maybe, but it's all risky...if you're willing to gig and take it seriously, nothing screams unprofessional and careless like not even owning your own equipment. Sucks, it's how it goes.