Cris5949
183 IQ
so my guitar amp pops a lot when i plug a bass in and i dont know why it does that. With a guitar it doesnt pop and it used to work with my bass too but today it isnt. Anyone know how to fix this? is there something wrong with the bass?
Jonsin
65 IQ
I don't know what's causing you're problem, though if you don't have bass speakers its really bad to be running a bass through it, lower frequencies require more travel that guitar speakers don't have. You should get a bass amp if you like your guitar amp or its speakers or can't afford to replace them when they break or start sounding like soot and poo.
Meelad360
Oli Sykes<3
846 IQ
Quote by Cris5949
so my guitar amp pops a lot when i plug a bass in and i dont know why it does that. With a guitar it doesnt pop and it used to work with my bass too but today it isnt. Anyone know how to fix this? is there something wrong with the bass?

There's your problem. Guitar amps aren't made to handle bass frequencies.
Desertman123
UG's... Badger?
133 IQ
DONOTPLUGABASS
INTOAGUITARAMP

evar.

Some people just don't understand... GUITAR amp =/= BASS amp
My rock & roll setup

PRS Tremonti SE
Boss OS-2 Distortion/Overdrive pedal (Modded)
Vox VT15 Modeling amp

Acoustic!
Fender DG-8S (Now with a piezo transducer)
Cris5949
183 IQ
ok idk why yall freaked out over this haha.. The popping sounds meant i needed a new 9v in my bass.. that is all. it works fine through the guitar amp, just doesnt sound that great low end
lemurflames
Ronnie
188 IQ
Quote by Cris5949
ok idk why yall freaked out over this haha.. The popping sounds meant i needed a new 9v in my bass.. that is all. it works fine through the guitar amp, just doesnt sound that great low end

RIP Your guitar speakers.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

You came back to this thread almost 3 years after the fact to tell us that.

ROLF

awesome dude. just awesome.

Ibanez RG652KFX Prestige
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Last edited by lemurflames at Jun 2, 2013,