Hey guys, I hope this is the right thread for this.
Last summer my uncle gave me his old Boss BR-864 digital recorder. Until recently I've been using it with the 256MB CompactFlash memory card that I got with it but I decided I needed more memory so I ordered a 8GB SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash memory card. I got the card today but when I put the new card in the BR-864 an error message appears saying "Unsupported Card" and I can't record anything.

I was wondering if anybody knew why the card isn't working and if there was anything that I could do to make it work?

Thanks.
My gear

Gibson Les Paul Junior
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Epiphone Flying V
Freshman FA15OMAH acoustic
Martin DXME
Martin Backpacker
Stagg mandolin
Fender G-DEC 30
Boss BR-864
POG 2
see if there are memory options in the unit menu buttons for "Format" card -

like in a cell phone..... but keep in mind - if you get it to work - "format" will indeed wipe the disc clean in the future -

Good Luck -
from boss' website

"Useful Capacity
CompactFlash: 32 MB to 1 GB"

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=571#

you can only use max of 1gb

these memory limitations are pretty normal on equipment utilizing external memory products

e.g. if yo have a nintendo wii, you needed to update the wii software in order to use any SD cards above 1gb
Last edited by iampeter at Jul 1, 2010,
Thanks.
There's an "initialise" function which I think does the same as formatting but when I choose it the same "unsupported card" message appears.
The memory limit seems possible. Would it be possible to download a software update which allows for a larger memory card?
My gear

Gibson Les Paul Junior
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Epiphone Flying V
Freshman FA15OMAH acoustic
Martin DXME
Martin Backpacker
Stagg mandolin
Fender G-DEC 30
Boss BR-864
POG 2